Advise needed on port tuning

Participant count
  • Participant list

Boost_luke

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys. New to the forum. I’m just building my first decent install. I have built a box but I’m stuck on the port length. The box outer dimensions are 36wx13hx13.5d outside using 18mm 3/4” mdf. The box internal volume is 2.7cu without the port. Port opening is 3”x 308mm but I’m stuck on how long I need to port to be. My sub is a bassface spl12.2 and has a recommended 2.5cu with a port tuned to 35hz. Any help would be greatly appreciated 

3 inches is to small of a port for a 12 inch sub, you should use a 4-6 inch port or else you will have a ton of port noise and compression. With a 4 inch round port you would need a length of about 7.5 inches or 19 inches with a 6 inch port. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.