Taramps?

Participant count
  • Participant list
No.

Depends on what series you are talking about though. Most are Full Range amps and rated at 1000hz. There are Dynos on Youtube. Ive had 10 Taramps amps so far and really like them. Never blown one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read Taramps need more power/electrical, is this true?

I also see the Power/Ground terminals look small vs. most amps, is this an issue?

Im considering the Taramps HD5k for a pair of X15 v2's

No they are more efficient than Korean amps.

Brazilian amps have smaller inputs because in brazil the amps are mounted within 3 feet of the battery banks. A 4 gauge wire will handle quite alot of amperage at only 3 feet.

The HD8000 will be the best bang for your buck at $460 over the 5k that is $430.

No they are more efficient than Korean amps.

Brazilian amps have smaller inputs because in brazil the amps are mounted within 3 feet of the battery banks. A 4 gauge wire will handle quite alot of amperage at only 3 feet.

The HD8000 will be the best bang for your buck at $460 over the 5k that is $430.
The prices are insane. I love to pay less but it just doesnt make sense lolol.

I did read on a thread at work (different site) that the taramps can give so much power because they require higher voltage than most. I've seen some dyno test and they are from 12.8-14.8v, there's a lot of mixed reviews on them.

I also read where a guy had 3 big amps at a meet or competition and his amp would switch to protect mode. He also claimed others at the meet/show had same issue. I think it was the Stevemadden forum. Same thread, some guy said it's common for taramps to go into protect mode and they blow easily.

Have you personally ran taramp amps with success?

The prices are insane. I love to pay less but it just doesnt make sense lolol.

I did read on a thread at work (different site) that the taramps can give so much power because they require higher voltage than most. I've seen some dyno test and they are from 12.8-14.8v, there's a lot of mixed reviews on them.

I also read where a guy had 3 big amps at a meet or competition and his amp would switch to protect mode. He also claimed others at the meet/show had same issue. I think it was the Stevemadden forum. Same thread, some guy said it's common for taramps to go into protect mode and they blow easily.

Have you personally ran taramp amps with success?
Ive had 10 Taramps amps and never blown a single one. Brazilian amps are full bridge technology. They run a much much higher rail voltage. The HD(except the 15k) line should not be ran under rated ohm load. Do not hard clip them above 15 volts. My TS series Taramps would voltage protect at 15.3 and turn right back on once voltage dropped to 15.2. Senchez would run his 6 8ks voltage into the dirt constantly. They would voltage protect all the time and then pop right back on no problem.

Ive had 10 Taramps amps and never blown a single one. Brazilian amps are full bridge technology. They run a much much higher rail voltage. The HD(except the 15k) line should not be ran under rated ohm load. Do not hard clip them above 15 volts. My TS series Taramps would voltage protect at 15.3 and turn right back on once voltage dropped to 15.2. Senchez would run his 6 8ks voltage into the dirt constantly. They would voltage protect all the time and then pop right back on no problem.
Assuming your system was purposely placed above 15volts or does the amp auto draw +15volts? my voltage does not go higher than 14.6 and that's at startup.

With current amp, I have dual runs of 0ga, would this be pointless to do same on a taramps amp? If not, id try and machine the dual 0ga copper adapter to fit the taramp.

I'm still tripping on price lol.

Assuming your system was purposely placed above 15volts or does the amp auto draw +15volts? my voltage does not go higher than 14.6 and that's at startup.

With current amp, I have dual runs of 0ga, would this be pointless to do same on a taramps amp? If not, id try and machine the dual 0ga copper adapter to fit the taramp.

I'm still tripping on price lol.
My HO alt just puts out 15.3 volts cold and drops to 14.6ish hot. 

Nope alot of people run dual 1/0 to them. I just never did personally.

Prices are great. Plus a 1 year warranty.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.