They don't make them like they used to? (2005 era)

Participant count
  • Participants list

Justintoxicated
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I haven't been into the car audio seen in years because I still have my truck, amps and CD player from when I installed them years ago.  Everything still works perfect.  Need some help figuring out what to keep and what to get rid of.

But it's time to sell my truck and I figure I may as well start removing the car audio system.  Or at least the parts that are worth removing?

I'm trying to get a ballpark of what the components are worth but I'm having a hard time figuring out items in today's market that are similar what I have.

I have the following and trying to figure out what I should keep or what I should sell.  I am buying another old truck that these things would fit into, but not sure I want to sound deaden the whole cab again as it was allot of work.

Eclipse 7200 MKII, and I can't seem to find other modern head units with 8v low impedence pre-outs?  - The only used one I could find is $500 on ebay?  REALLY?  

TC Sounds TC1000 10" subs (2 of them) - Looks like around $100 each for these?  I don't remember the specifications for this sub.  Anyone have them?  I believe I had the D4 version.

Arc Audio ARC2100 XXK 200 watt amp  - Love this amps.  Still works great too.  Keep it?  Looks like $1500 on ebay?  I'm surprised it's not more? 

Diamond Audio D5 1200.1 $300? Keep it?

Pictures for fun.

MK7200 by glamisduner, on Flickr

amps by glamisduner, on Flickr

Subwoofers by glamisduner, on Flickr

You will not find an 8v hu on todays market.Maybe a 5v.I still have a CD3000 Eclipse Hu and still like it better than most Ive been running past 4 years.Miss the 5030 and the 8445, but held on to the 3000, prob because its simple to use for me.Id keep it and run it.. At least you can run through the USB for the phone for music/ect.there are so many gadgets for bluetooth additions these days its crazy.Id run everything you have possible/keep.You have pretty nice equipment.Id use every bit of it.Well maybe not that enclosure.. that may not fit your next truck..If anything..Sell what youd like to change..But Its good stuff and if it works, that saves money for other purchases for the next vehicle..Tune up, tires, transmission cooler,Air intake,maybe rims, new brakes,shocks,new battery(good AGM or two),new 0ga wiring and ect.But Id run what you have and save funds for other things.Its all great gear.Upgrade your front stage speakers,maybe go active 3 way or?Spend funds on doing a little to min sealing off the doors.ect.If I were going sell anything,id prob sell that D.Audio sub amp and get a class D in its place.Enclosure? If it fits, use it or sale and build one close to specs for those subs.

get a Smaller foot print Class D mono amp if needed,but id run every bit of what you have.I still run 90s amps quite a bit.Still work and still serving well.

Think it's worth pulling the Eclipse CD3200 out too and replacing with the factory stereo?

I could also pull off the front door panels and remove my DLS Iridiums?  Would it be worth it?

The one issue I have with the CD7200 MKII  is that I have to manually sync my phone to the unit(well most of the time) every time.  This has been the case with the last 4 or so phones I have had so I'm pretty sure it's just in the nature of the headunit.

That larger amp is class D, but yea I might need a smaller one.  I had it installed like this!  Fit like a glove and made it hard to steal :)

AmpsAndHamRadio by glamisduner, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Think it's worth pulling the Eclipse CD3200 out too and replacing with the factory stereo?

I could also pull off the front door panels and remove my DLS Iridiums?  Would it be worth it?

The one issue I have with the CD7200 MKII  is that I have to manually sync my phone to the unit(well most of the time) every time.  This has been the case with the last 4 or so phones I have had so I'm pretty sure it's just in the nature of the headunit.

That larger amp is class D, but yea I might need a smaller one.  I had it installed like this!  Fit like a glove and made it hard to steal :)

AmpsAndHamRadio by glamisduner, on Flickr
Id pull that 3200 out..For sure..Those door speakers are worth keeping as well.Grab a pair of Sony or Boss Coax at Walmart and throw in there for the next guy.Going be changed later down the road anyways.ya, Im amazed that D.Audio amp never shut down on you placed there. Its always best keep some air circulation around and under any amplifier.Keeps them running cooler and the internals cooler to last a bit longer as well.In other words...GUT THAT TRUCK! LOL. You will prob regret it later on saying I WISHED ID KEPT THAT! But you can get an after market HU pretty cheap just put in there or if you have original to put back in that would be great.Grab a Dual HU from Walmart.. less than 100 bucks..front door speakers? Prob $50bucks..All new radio and front doors speakers. 

Id sync my phone all day long for that HU.USB works great too.You should be able to find a Bluetooth gadget to utilize for that HU. Id do a little research, but Id deff run it..One cleanest signal HU on the market Im sure.

There's actually air around the amp (except the very center and one other place that touched), but it had a pretty light load on it anyways (Just the 2 TC 1000's).  Anyone remember what config they typically were?  I think dual 4 ohm coils wired for 2 ohms then wired in parallel, so there was no need for 1200 RMS to two TC1000's.  You could play for a long time and the amp would barley get warm, never once shut down, not even close.

I might just leave the 3200 in there because I'm trying not to spend more money on the truck I am selling and I don't need and won't need two headunits in the future.  Seems stock radios are way to integrated now.  If I leave the 3200 installed  I can leave in the PIE SWI adapter that allows me to control the headunit with the steering wheel controls.  If I get a different HU, I think I need a different (I think it is called a pie swi?).  I dunno, I tried to go to the website and it no longer exists.  Or should I pull the PIE SWI too? I was thinking I might need this for the Dodge 3500 that will be replacing my titan, but I don't even remember how to set it up or anything and the site is gone now  :(

I do have the stock titan stereo in a box somewhere, so I may just put the entire stock setup back in?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, slightly off topic but I think one of my passive crossovers for the DLS components might be acting up.  When I had the fronts amped I would have to turn up the volume kinda loud to get the tweeter to start playing, and then it would play fine for the rest of the trip with 0 issues.

Now that the speakers are not amped, the drivers tweeter does not want to turn on, and using the volume up trick isn't working so well either.

less than 100 bucks..front door speakers? Prob $50bucks..All new radio and front doors speakers. 
https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-DEH-150MP-Single-DIN-Auxiliary-Detachable/dp/B0091V0A9U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1534788599&sr=8-5&keywords=pioneer+cd+player

pioneer deck for $60 and speakers can be had for 35 to 50 that dont completely **** for when the buys is test driving it and will inexorably turn it up a scosche to see if its any good or not (sure, itll **** to the vast majority of us, but we arent the typical person)

and couldnt agree more, gut the **** out of that thing to keep all those goodies. Sell em to someone on here if you dont want them as we would all appreciate the gear more than some random joe just buying a truck. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.