Which Subwoofer

Icecube91

Senior VIP Member
I am wanting to do a custom ported box that  is ported through my ski-hole in my car and will run 2 10s off a 1200watt amp. Want to know which would be louder? 2 10" JL Audio W6v3 or 2 10" Alpine X series? Also thinking about the Sundown SA. Box will be 2.5 cubes net tuned to about 33 hertz.

Great one

b.png
You and AddicLee must be the same retard.

What are you looking for out of your sub? Do you just want it to get as loud as possible, or are you looking more towards blending with the rest of your setup geared more towards SQ? Something in middle?

If your looking for an all around great driver I'd 2nd the Audiofrog GS10. Around the same price as the W6 but IMHO a much better subwoofer, the W6 is a very good sub, but your paying for the name, you can get better for less and way better for the same price. I'd also look at the Dayton Reference HO- cant get much better for the price https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-rss265ho-44-10-reference-ho-dvc-subwoofer--295-463 Also highly recommend an Image Dynamics Max 10". Another excellent sub, amazing SQ and will get loud. I had 2 of them in a small sealed box in the trunk of a Lexus IS300 & they sounded amazing. 

If you want something that will be really loud but still sound good I'd look at a Sundown SA, FI SSD or Q, Crescendo Contralto. 

Theres a lot of subs in the price range your looking at, but theres plenty of guys on here that know their stuff, so I'm sure the advice ull get will more than suffice.

I for whatever reason didnt notice the power your working with and the box size. Sorry..

Your kind of limited with the power you have however, some of the subs I listed need more power than 1200 watts. You maybe better off going with a single 12" if you're working with 1200 watts and 2.5 cu/ft. Would ultimately be cheaper & in many instances be louder than 2 10s sharing 1200 watts and with the box size you want to build. 

Im thinking im gonna do one of the following. Which would be the louesdet but have good SQ as well.

2 10" JL Audio W6v3 off 1200RMS in 2 cubes tuned to 32 hertz

2 10" Alpine X series off 1200RMS in 3 cubes tuned to 32hertz

1 12" MTX 9500 off 1200RMS in 2.5-2.75 cubes tuned to 30 hertz

W6 is the best of the 3 you listed but the audiofrog GS10 listed above (by two different users)  is a better sub than the w6 and cheaper to......... 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.