Best High-End Woofer For SQ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

jdubin94

Miami
What's up guys, so I finally convinced my girl to throw a sub in her car. That said, she doesn't care to go as loud as possible - rather she wants purely SQ . That said, we're only doing 1 sub so and the trunk it'll be going in is pretty sealed so I think in order to get some decent output, we should be looking for a woofer in the 1k WRMS range. She's not trying to take up a lot of trunk space so the sub will be going sealed and it can't be super beefy like the RE XXX, which is one that I think would've fit the bill quite nicely. Think we can spend about $600 on the sub. 

Was originally thinking the W6 but don't think it'll be powerful enough. I think W7 is slightly out of budget. I know FI makes pretty good SQ stuff. There's also the ID MAX. Those can take a bit more power than the W6. Does anyone know how the SQ of the IDMAX stacks up to that of a W6? 

Any other suggestions?

What's up guys, so I finally convinced my girl to throw a sub in her car. That said, she doesn't care to go as loud as possible - rather she wants purely SQ . That said, we're only doing 1 sub so and the trunk it'll be going in is pretty sealed so I think in order to get some decent output, we should be looking for a woofer in the 1k WRMS range. She's not trying to take up a lot of trunk space so the sub will be going sealed and it can't be super beefy like the RE XXX, which is one that I think would've fit the bill quite nicely. Think we can spend about $600 on the sub. 

Was originally thinking the W6 but don't think it'll be powerful enough. I think W7 is slightly out of budget. I know FI makes pretty good SQ stuff. There's also the ID MAX. Those can take a bit more power than the W6. Does anyone know how the SQ of the IDMAX stacks up to that of a W6? 

Any other suggestions?
https://www.parts-express.com/open-box-re-audio-xxx12-v2-2-12-cast-frame-dvc-subwoofer-2-2-ohm--86-268-8150

its an open box, but it has a warranty

Audiofrog GS or GB series woofer would be great. Amazing sound quality and the ability  to offer high output on lower power due to high efficiency rating. I've heard the GB series sealed and it was nice (I would place it above the w6 and the JBL Wgti which are both two highly regarded woofers). 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.