Subwoofer help Please!

bigbirney420
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Omaha, NE
Currently have a DC Sounds Level 3 15.  Was in ported box but needed more room, so we built a sealed box.  I don't like the way it sounds, so I want to change it up.  Looking for a pair of 8's or 10's that sound good and handle around 600 watts. I am not familiar with half of these brands out there.  Other two cars have Sundown subs.

Vehicle is 2010 Chevy Suburban.  Sub amp is Rockford prime 1200.  Building a box isn't an issue.  Looking for some SQ.  Listen to everything from Rap to Imagine Dragons. 

some people don't like sound of dc subs.. u had 3 15's and going to 2 10's? try 2 sundown E's 1.25 or so cfad per sub
No, lol I have one DC sounds level 3 15.  Want to go from single 15 to two 8s or 10s.  I had looked at the Sundown E series, but wasn't sure they could handle the power I have.

No, lol I have one DC sounds level 3 15.  Want to go from single 15 to two 8s or 10s.  I had looked at the Sundown E series, but wasn't sure they could handle the power I have.
lol lev 3...after box rise u be getting maybe 400 rms per sub.. could look at daytons, alpine E, idq too.. anything that looks good 400-600rms (idk if sa would get enough power after rise but they maybe option too)

More like FTL after the Powerbass buyout and Eric Stephens was pushed out of the company he founded. **** ID equipment post Stephens era. 
for real? i thought post-buyout they kept true to the old design and basically made the same stuff as always. No new R&D (as we all hoped there would be) but it was still solid stuff. Or was that JUST the IDQ line?

ahhhh. gotcha. so the sub performs as it should, but its become an issue of company integrity. i can appreciate that. ***** that it happened to such a great brand like ID
I stand up for what I believe in so I'm picky about where I spend my money. Its a shame that most people only care about a price tag and not the integrity and moral compass of the business they are supporting. 

I stand up for what I believe in so I'm picky about where I spend my money. Its a shame that most people only care about a price tag and not the integrity and moral compass of the business they are supporting. 
I feel the same way but unfortunately that means there is probably only a few car audio companies that you could run.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.