Is this any good always wanted it

Participant count
  • Participants list

ccapital83
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NY
https://www.parts-express.com/morel-mw-1054-classic-series-10-paper---carbon-fiber-cone-subwoofer--297-134

I've always wanted this sub woofer I currently run morel mids and high and really like them. I know nothing about their sub woofers and wouldn't know what to expect from a 5.1 voice coil. I like the specs and looks. I know this forum is more of a spl forum but I love it here and value all your opinions. Just curious about the coil and in general does morel make good sounding sub woofers? Tried doing some research not much on them especially from forums any opinions or insight very appreciated :)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes they make good sounding subs. I have the primo. I haven't looked at that sub as far as modeling one for box I'd be using.  Would think it would make a good sq sub. Of course right box for it is key. 

I enjoy the primos. Even balanced smooth sounding sub. Plays into higher frequencies well. 

I have that sub on my list of subs to look at to replace the 8s in my honda but working on other projects so haven't dove into it yet but would think the 1054 is a better overall sub then the primo.

they say build a box .69 @ 43hz man I'm hoping that's not the case anyone who ready this want to model it up for me i've downloaded programs and cannot figure out how to do that I'm hoping that's not accurate

they say build a box .69 @ 43hz man I'm hoping that's not the case anyone who ready this want to model it up for me i've downloaded programs and cannot figure out how to do that I'm hoping that's not accurate
Idk it has a pretty low fs if i remember right.  I can see what it models like some time tomorrow if no one else wants to.

yeah these are the ts and that would be amazing if you could :)

Thiele-Small Parameters
  • Resonant Frequency (Fs)26 Hz
  • DC Resistance (Re)2.82 ohms
  •  
  • Voice Coil Inductance (Le)1.07 mH
  • Mechanical Q (Qms)1.50
  •  
  • Electromagnetic Q (Qes)0.40
  • Total Q (Qts)0.31
  •  
  • Compliance Equivalent Volume (Vas)2.12 ft.³
  • Mechanical Compliance of Suspension (Cms)0.35 mm/N
  •  
  • BL Product (BL)11.1 Tm
  • Diaphragm Mass Inc. Airload (Mms)104.6g
  •  
  • Maximum Linear Excursion (Xmax)10 mm
  • Surface Area of Cone (Sd)346 cm²

Thiele-Small Parameters
  •  
  • Mechanical Q (Qms)1.50
  •  
  • Total Q (Qts)0.31
  •  
  •  
  • BL Product (BL)11.1 Tm
  •  
 13/14 hour work day so yeah I'll take a look tomorrow. 

If it looks good r u just doing 1. How much air space ya got to work with? How much power?Slot or round? Assume you're going for sq.

But yeah if no one else ends up modeling it. Was wanting to look at 1 anyway.

Yeah :)  SQ all day ported and I would work power and airspace around whats best If I get this sub I want to do the best of the best for it so I would be flexible to whatever the program says to. Take your time I am lucky you would even model it for me in the first place so I'm very grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I get it ill post up some images and some free air videos in this post!

Thiele-Small Parameters
  •  
  • Mechanical Q (Qms)1.50
  •  
  • Total Q (Qts)0.31
  •  
  •  
  • BL Product (BL)11.1 Tm
  •  
 13/14 hour work day so yeah I'll take a look tomorrow. 

If it looks good r u just doing 1. How much air space ya got to work with? How much power?Slot or round? Assume you're going for sq.

But yeah if no one else ends up modeling it. Was wanting to look at 1 anyway.

Yeah :)  SQ all day ported and I would work power and airspace around whats best If I get this sub I want to do the best of the best for it so I would be flexible to whatever the program says to. Take your time I am lucky you would even model it for me in the first place so I'm very grateful!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I get it ill post up some images and some free air videos in this post!
Oops

I was thinking it was Friday. Wishful thinking on my part.

Good plan on your part. Didn't know if you had restrictions.

Might be able to take a look tomorrow morning if the lady is up. Computer in the bedroom. Or tomorrow night  but by Saturday some time regardless. I'll pm you some shots of what it looks like Winisd 

thanks for being awesome!
I'm looking forward to seeing how it models. I've been working on a system for my step son on top of working around 60 hours a week. Haven't had a reason to look at one yet. Got a couple of old personal vehicles I'll be putting budget systems in. Probably would've been a while before I would've gotten around to it. If it'll work for I have to work with then I'll have a saved project in the program. So no trouble on my end really. 

If I was gonna pay over $200 for a 500 watt 10" sub... and I had the space, I'd t-line it. By all accounts that would be the best/most efficient way to go if sq was the goal. I'm just learning t-lines and I'm not absolutely sure that that driver is optimum but from what I've read it seems to be definitely doable. 

Lord... lol... I drew a 37hz example up and it's a lil' big... I wonder, with that low fs how low would this driver go realistically with a 37hz tune?

If I was gonna pay over $200 for a 500 watt 10" sub... and I had the space, I'd t-line it. By all accounts that would be the best/most efficient way to go if sq was the goal. I'm just learning t-lines and I'm not absolutely sure that that driver is optimum but from what I've read it seems to be definitely doable. 

Lord... lol... I drew a 37hz example up and it's a lil' big... I wonder, with that low fs how low would this driver go realistically with a 37hz tune?
Never thought about a t-line or have any experience with 1 for that matter. How big is big?

Never thought about a t-line or have any experience with 1 for that matter. How big is big?
This is just quick and dirty... I'd cut the mounting hole last as I got the baffle kinda close... but do you think this is big for a single 10" driver?

uYVQjB.jpg

See what I mean?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.