Amp power polarity reversed

Participant count
  • Participants list

BreadLord

Gaffney
A Hifonics BXX3000.1D was hooked up, but the polarity was reversed. The fuse blew and after being replaced the amp powered up and played fine. Is there anyway that after this happened that the output could be reduced and it not be putting out what it should?

I can remember seeing another user on a forum who reversed his power polarity on another amp. It played fine, but he said it didn't put out like he expected. 

Last edited by a moderator:
You may okay. There's usually a sizeable diode near the power inputs that can prevent huge amounts of damage resulting from reverse polarity. I think it either works or it doesn't after you've hooked it up incorrectly.

That's what I'm hoping for. I hooked it up fast in low light. Never again.

I also never could smell anything burnt and never saw any smoke at all. The amp still smells like new plastic at the vents. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.