Orion XTR-1000.1 vs. Rockford Fosgate Prime R750-1D?

Terrum
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hi community,

I bought a sub amp bundle for an Orion XTR-1000.1 amp and Orion XTR154D sub. Unfortunately the seller is claiming they are out of stock of the amp, so they suggested the Rockford Fosgate Prime R750-1D instead. They also offered the XTR152D sub for the lower impedance/ohms to match the amp (?)

However when I looked up the amp and it doesn't seem as powerful in RMS or even in maximum wattage. So I'm not sure if the Rockford amp is actually going to perform as well as (or better than) the Orion amp. (Orion amp is 4000w with 400w RMS on 4-ohm, and Rockford amp is unknown wattage with 500w RMS on 2-ohm)

The 152D and 154D are both 3000w if that helps.

A little help would be fantastic. Is the Rockford Fosgate Prime R750-1D better than Orion XTR-1000.1 or not? Should I go with the offer? Any other sub/amp recommendations within the £500/$650 price range?

Many thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi fithwheel, thanks a lot for your response and correction!

Unfortunately I am a newbie and just want to know if the Rockford amp I have been offered would perform the same, or better, than the Orion amp. Especially with the XTR152D sub.

I'm hoping someone that has experience with the Orion amp or similar can tell me if the Rockford amp will perform the same, or better, than the Orion amp (or just any recommendation from someone with high experience)

Really sorry if I am sounding blatant or asking for a straight answer - I worry easily is all ;)

idk about orion sub. Whats the rms on it?
This was the original pack I was getting, that has all the amp and sub specifications: http://caraudiosecurity.com/xtr-15-3000w-bass-package-deal (XTR-1000.1 & XTR154D)

Unfortunately the amp is out of stock and they are trying to offer me the Rockford amp instead: http://caraudiosecurity.com/prime-r750-1d-750-watt-class-d-full-range-mono-amplifier

The RMS of the Orion amp would have been 400W at 4 ohms, but the RMS of the Rockford amp would have been 500W at 2 ohms (which is why I'm guessing they are swapping the sub for a XTR152D instead of a XTR154D)

Don't do it. The Orion is a much better amp all around.
Thanks for letting me know :) I'll have to pass down their offer then and hopefully find a better pack within my budget.

This was the original pack I was getting, that has all the amp and sub specifications: http://caraudiosecurity.com/xtr-15-3000w-bass-package-deal (XTR-1000.1 & XTR154D)

Unfortunately the amp is out of stock and they are trying to offer me the Rockford amp instead: http://caraudiosecurity.com/prime-r750-1d-750-watt-class-d-full-range-mono-amplifier

The RMS of the Orion amp would have been 400W at 4 ohms, but the RMS of the Rockford amp would have been 500W at 2 ohms (which is why I'm guessing they are swapping the sub for a XTR152D instead of a XTR154D)

Thanks for letting me know :) I'll have to pass down their offer then and hopefully find a better pack within my budget.
Yeah...I wouldn't do it. If you can tell us your budget, maybe we can give you some suggestions. Are you outside of the US?

Yeah...I wouldn't do it. If you can tell us your budget, maybe we can give you some suggestions. Are you outside of the US?
I am out of the US unfortunately! (UK only)

Therefore I can buy from any UK site which should hopefully stock any recommendations you are prepared to give :) Which I really appreciate, by the way.

Budget is heavily negotiable - I just want the best for the cheapest possible (which I know is like asking to perform a miracle, but it's not like I want to spend cheap - I just don't want to overspend on brands that won't perform as well :)  I'm sure you understand!)

I preferably want a 15" sub, as far as research goes, those are the best for rumbles (I really want to annoy my neighbours! ;) ) I'll be playing mostly trap/rap music, so anything with a heavy, rumbly deep bass!

I currently have a 12" Kenwood sub (2kW) which performs great for my needs, but seeing as that's $200 tops with a cheap Boss amp (1.5kW) and it's only 12", it just doesn't perform brilliantly with the lowermost frequencies of trap etc!

But if I have to give a budget, £500/$650 would be my budget. Although it -really- is negotiable!

It's really not..... The XTR1000 doesn't perform as well as the XTR2500d or the 1500 for that matter...
The twin pack I linked above has the 1500 amp. Would you recommend that?

Otherwise, if you feel the 1000 doesn't perform as well, would the Rockford perform any better? :)

It's really not..... The XTR1000 doesn't perform as well as the XTR2500d or the 1500 for that matter...
I think I would still take that over RF's Prime series though. I know the 1200 was dyno'd and put out rated but I'd prefer the looks of the Orion even if they both put out the same power. I know the XRT2500d did amazing numbers. I wouldn't expect the XTR1000 doing the same but can't imagine the it not doing rated, although I could be wrong.

oh it did over rated just not as much, it's properly rated.. the xtrs are pretty inefficient., make good power though.. the rockford amp is solid and people that have them love them but same can be said about xtr owners.. oh i just looked at the package if it's just 1 xtr sub get the RF cause and xtr sub don't need much power (unless it's xtr pro)

oh it did over rated just not as much, it's properly rated.. the xtrs are pretty inefficient., make good power though.. the rockford amp is solid and people that have them love them but same can be said about xtr owners.. oh i just looked at the package if it's just 1 xtr sub get the RF cause and xtr sub don't need much power (unless it's xtr pro)
I would have to disagree with your statement just because I like headroom and care about resale value.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.