Lanzar Opti 1400D Amp Dyno

Participant count
  • Participant list
wow!! that is pretty nice!! the CAB1600 may have a suitable replacement! Ever since the demise of the 1600, i was hoping to see something else affordable and powerful. Also glad to see Lanzars once respectable name coming back from the wrong side of the tracks

youdoofus said:
wow!! that is pretty nice!! the CAB1600 may have a suitable replacement! Ever since the demise of the 1600, i was hoping to see something else affordable and powerful. Also glad to see Lanzars once respectable name coming back from the wrong side of the tracks
I never thought of Lanzar Optidrive as anything less than good -- in many cases, great.

All the non-Opti stuff -- Vibe, Heritage, Vector, Max -- definitely not good quality (although the early Vibe's weren't drastically over-rated).

Last edited by a moderator:
I never thought of Lanzar Optidrive as anything less than good -- in many cases, great.

All the non-Opti stuff -- Vibe, Heritage, Vector, Max -- definitely not good quality (although the early Vibe's weren't drastically over-rated).
in the 1996 era they took a nose dive. so much so that i stopped looking at them entirely until very recently

The most significant change from the mid to late 90's was the color.  Sound Around took over, but I don't think they changed much initially.

~99-01 Zed designed and built them.  Those are the ones I used - they were tanks.  Still have one.

Then they went to Korea and I haven't seen any big differences since 03-04.

The most significant change from the mid to late 90's was the color.  Sound Around took over, but I don't think they changed much initially.

~99-01 Zed designed and built them.  Those are the ones I used - they were tanks.  Still have one.

Then they went to Korea and I haven't seen any big differences since 03-04.
weird. the car audio shop i was in about 4 days a week had a S15 Blazer that was all Lanzar Opti stuff from 1994 and that was their main line. Also carried crossfire, Audio Art, and a couple others, but once they got the 1996 stuff they dropped them shortly after citing quality issues. Around this same time is when i noticed a huge drop in seeing them in builds and shops. But i also didnt know Zed was involved at all with Lanzar, so theres also that. Zed was a busy guy in the 90s/2000s!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.