ThxOne

Who's Quit Smoking?

Today I am tobacco free for 122 days or 4 months. I smoked for roughly 30 years.

2008 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe - Full Active Build Coming Soon (Technically in progress?)

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - Rolling Cluster F**K - But Sounds Good

about 50 times over 30 years. I'm sure i'll get to 51 soon. Smoking as I type this I'll stop here in about 5 minutes. Congrats though 1 of the hardest thing to do.

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 Dayton ultimax 8s 1.65 @35 amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  sa 15 3.84 @ 35hz or 2 type s12 6.3 @ 41 hz  or jbl s3 2.0 36hz. or nvx  vcw 10 1.1 @ 32hz  2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

Thanks. I'm stubborn so it wasn't that hard. That's not to say I don't want to smoke every day... I do. I still have the urge to smoke every day... after a meal, when I am on the phone, when I am driving, that is the hardest because I am a delivery driver. That is aprx. $610 back in my pocket though and climbing so I am good with it. My clothes don't stink anymore and I think my blood pressure is down too.

2008 Pontiac G6 GT Coupe - Full Active Build Coming Soon (Technically in progress?)

I quit 5 or 6 years ago after smoking for 5 years. I still vape at 3mg when drinking and shit though.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

I have a ton of vape gear... it never did anything for me though.

1 hour ago, ThxOne said:

Today I am tobacco free for 122 days or 4 months. I smoked for roughly 30 years.

i can't do it man., my kids stress me to much to even attempt it.. i did start making my own cigs almost 2 yrs ago., make 40 a day saves $5.80 a day which is kinda how i "pay" for my stereo.. save $2100 per year spent $1100 total including big 3 wires and i have amp and pioneer sub/box to sell outta that $.. it also "paid" for motor mounts, ps pump and all new intake and valve cover gaskets..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

I'm with you. I deflected the money I would have smoked up over to purchase my RF 3sixty.3.

I quit a long time ago. At least ten years ago. Woke up one day, and the taste and smell of a cig disgusted me. Sounds crazy but it was that simple for me.

Edited by Slo_Ride

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

5 hours ago, ThxOne said:

I have a ton of vape gear... it never did anything for me though.

Shittt. Hook me up lol

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

5 hours ago, BOOMINGRANDPA said:

i can't do it man., my kids stress me to much to even attempt it.. i did start making my own cigs almost 2 yrs ago., make 40 a day saves $5.80 a day which is kinda how i "pay" for my stereo.. save $2100 per year spent $1100 total including big 3 wires and i have amp and pioneer sub/box to sell outta that $.. it also "paid" for motor mounts, ps pump and all new intake and valve cover gaskets..

What are you stressed for? No job and aren't your kids adults and out the house?

3 minutes ago, Popwarhomie said:

What are you stressed for? No job and aren't your kids adults and out the house?

yeah no job., just canceled my h. ins, just loaned $2500 to son so they could move (he's on oxygen 24/7)., had to take in his dog because place they got cost $30 more per month won't allow dogs.. called older smarter much richer (than us) daughter to talk to her about him had to loan her $500 to so they could move until they get $ back from army next month.. the other daughter is living in a motel with my grand daughter (we buying her school clothes tuesday) and 2 dogs waiting to find place for them to move., into we hoped this month now maybe next month. i just now got back from taking them food.. i need to order $500 in propane and wife car taxes are due + our house tax bill laying here $1200, our house need 50k in work we can't think about doing because we constantly have to help them.. also son's truck about dead (he can't work on it anymore)  he should get disability soon (has meeting tomorrow to start getting ssi now) but that'll be just enough to cover rent we hope, not pay us back.  wouldn't u smoke?

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

14 minutes ago, BOOMINGRANDPA said:

yeah no job., just canceled my h. ins, just loaned $2500 to son so they could move (he's on oxygen 24/7)., had to take in his dog because place they got cost $30 more per month won't allow dogs.. called older smarter much richer (than us) daughter to talk to her about him had to loan her $500 to so they could move until they get $ back from army next month.. the other daughter is living in a motel with my grand daughter (we buying her school clothes tuesday) and 2 dogs waiting to find place for them to move., into we hoped this month now maybe next month. i just now got back from taking them food.. i need to order $500 in propane and wife car taxes are due + our house tax bill laying here $1200, our house need 50k in work we can't think about doing because we constantly have to help them.. also son's truck about dead (he can't work on it anymore)  he should get disability soon (has meeting tomorrow to start getting ssi now) but that'll be just enough to cover rent we hope, not pay us back.  wouldn't u smoke?

No I would go get a job.

6 minutes ago, Popwarhomie said:

No I would go get a job.

how i have to take care of disabled bro in law and take dog out 4 times a day and have dinner ready very early because wifes work hours are so weird.. i can't sleep til 4am, so have to be 2nd shift so wife would have to come home after working 12 hrs some days make dinner for her and brother.. if i could get one fast something i could do without working at a store (not doing that again 15yrs was enough drunks and robberys)

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

1 minute ago, BOOMINGRANDPA said:

how i have to take care of disabled bro in law and take dog out 4 times a day and have dinner ready very early because wifes work hours are so weird.. i can't sleep til 4am, so have to be 2nd shift so wife would have to come home after working 12 hrs some days make dinner for her and brother.. if i could get one fast something i could do without working at a store (not doing that again 15yrs was enough drunks and robberys)

All you do is make excuses for yourself. There are many people in much worse situations that work full time jobs and even two jobs.

Gramps... You have a wife and a house. You aren't working. These people you are helping know this right?? But they are asking you to help them anyway??? Get you a running line for that dog and a dog house for now. Make sure the dog has access to water, the dog will be fine outside as long as it has shelter and water. Dogs are pretty resilient animals, Just don't neglect it. At some point you have to say NO to these people you are helping and focus on your wife and your priorities so you don't end up single and or homeless. Ask yourself, If I wasn't around, how would they help themselves... the answer is, who knows, but THEY would figure it out... at some point you have to let them or make them figure it out for themselves... you got a wife man and car stereo stuff to focus on.

I quit smoking almost 5 years ago after smoking for 30 years. Used a vape to help with the cravings and urges, started at 12mg of nicotine and went to 0mg. Used 0mg for close to a year then decided to get off of it too. No cravings or sneaking puffs here and there, wife figured I would be smoking at work. Very hard and disgusting habit to break. 

Gramps you need to look out for you and your wife. Understand it is your kids and family but if you aren't going to look out for number one no one else is. Sounds to me like you have family taking advantage of you. Stop making excuses for everything in your life. 

car 1.jpg

I need to quit smoking! Between me and my wife, its every bit of $500 a month on cigs. I have gone 3-4 days without, and then always seem to cave and smoke again...

I am in my car daily making deliveries and I almost always have my windows down. I can smell where someone was just smoking all the time or a car can pass me while we are driving and it wafts into my Jeep and I get to smell that, it stinks now. People at work just randomly take smoke breaks and I get to smell that when I get back from my deliveries or they come back in and talk to me and the smell is hovering around them. I will say this, you can tell which ones smoke in their own homes still. It is a different kind of odor.

I like that other smell when people are driving or coming inside from partaking. Smells  better then tobacco.

2006 ridgeline hu:KW ddx9903s morel 5.25 maximo comps 6.5 maximo coaxial 2 Dayton ultimax 8s 1.65 @35 amp Rf t1000x5ab

work truck 2017 international pro star Alpine ute62 hu. Amps RF t1000.5ad 4 ch mode infinity k1000  sa 15 3.84 @ 35hz or 2 type s12 6.3 @ 41 hz  or jbl s3 2.0 36hz. or nvx  vcw 10 1.1 @ 32hz  2 8 " eminence pro woofers. 2" Dayton rs52fn midrange. 1 1/8 Dayton dc28f silk dome tweeters.

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now