would a loose remote wire on amp cause amp to get hot

Participant count
  • Participants list
redrobbin youtookbasicspellingandgrammer right

oneofthethingsthatmakesiteasierforustohelpyouisusinggoodsentencestructureandpunctuationsowecanfollowalongwithyourthougthsandquestions

youprobablyhaveshitwiredwrongwithalowresistanceloadandtheampisgoingintothermalprotect

regardlessfixyourlooseremotewire

redrobbin youtookbasicspellingandgrammer right

oneofthethingsthatmakesiteasierforustohelpyouisusinggoodsentencestructureandpunctuationsowecanfollowalongwithyourthougthsandquestions

youprobablyhaveshitwiredwrongwithalowresistanceloadandtheampisgoingintothermalprotect

regardlessfixyourlooseremotewire
thankyouforansweringyoucouldnthavebeenmorerightonwithhurtingmyfeeling

thankyouforansweringyoucouldnthavebeenmorerightonwithhurtingmyfeeling
We tease a little bit here, just wanted to give you a little grief as a warm welcome to build the thickness of your proverbial skin. No real hurt intended, my apologies.

Do you think that could be it, though? Have you checked the final resistance with a multi-meter?  You may just need to reconfigure.

We tease a little bit here, just wanted to give you a little grief as a warm welcome to build the thickness of your proverbial skin. No real hurt intended, my apologies.

Do you think that could be it, though? Have you checked the final resistance with a multi-meter?  You may just need to reconfigure.
I used 3 awg power wire and 8 awg ground and 16 awg remote and 16 awg speaker

I got the amp without a remote screw and i use a wedge to hold the wire in till i get a new screw

Im going to fix the screw issue .

I was just curious if from the specs on the previous message bridged to the amp was not right for the amp

i dont know everything and i was just asking im trying to hook it up all by myself everybody i talk to here seems to think they are installers but when they look at it they dont do nothing but adjust the knobs on the amp or want to tell me about all the features and how to use them on my stereo

Good job doing it yourself, sometimes that's what you gotta do if you know everyone around you is full of beans.

First, you want to make sure your power and ground are the same awg. Go for 4 awg on both.

The screw you will fix but the wedge should be okay until then, you just want to make sure it's a tight fit and offering good continuity. Swap that out for the screw as soon as you can.

Finally, you may need to figure out a good blend of series parallel wiring to arrive at a safe final impedance that your amp is comfortable with seeing.

Where on earth did you find 3 gauge wire??? And never run 2 diff gauges to your amp. Always keep it the same.

What amp are we talking about here....since it wasn't asked? Fix the set screw issue.

Is it a mono amp? You might also want to consider a method of wiring that doesn't involve the amplfieir being bridged. Since your dealing with speakers that should be playing stereo signals and all.

im so sorry  if you go to a different question titled a girl needs help i asked yesterday it has all the info i forgot the specs were not in this question. another  question they want you to use huge wire for the amps but the part you connect it to  you can hardly if at all get the whole wire to fit in the hole

Is it a mono amp? You might also want to consider a method of wiring that doesn't involve the amplfieir being bridged. Since your dealing with speakers that should be playing stereo signals and all.
o be

im so sorry  if you go to a different question titled a girl needs help i asked yesterday it has all the info i forgot the specs were not in this question. another  question they want you to use huge wire for the amps but the part you connect it to  you can hardly if at all get the whole wire to fit in the hole

o be
i got a package i got to put together that i sold on ebay and mail it it may be a minute before i answer back thank you for talking to me i have learned a lot from watching you tube videos and reading about ohms and running series and parallel but theirs still a lot i dont know and ill understand if it seems like it would be a lot to take on to help me . when i want to learn something ill seek it out on the internet instead of just sitting their saying i dont know how

Sometimes diagrams are the easiest way to understand the wiring thing. Just keep reading and teaching yourself, you will pick it up.

We'll all be here in the meantime.

Sometimes diagrams are the easiest way to understand the wiring thing. Just keep reading and teaching yourself, you will pick it up.

We'll all be here in the meantime.
did you see my other question i posted and yes diagrams really help alot

did you see my other question i posted and yes diagrams really help alot
so basicly your saying to run the 4 six by nines one per channel would be the best for the amp or speakers or sound?

because when i did have them hooked that way the sound wasn't that loud than like when they are bridged but is having them bridged bad for the speakers?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.