is dsp necessary

Participant count
  • Participant list

ekah

Senior VIP Member
hawaii
im running active on ppi900.4 on crescendo tweets and pwx in door and no rear speakers was wondering if i should get a dsp or if its a big different using the crossover points on my pioneer abh3700bhs on network mode.

Using a DSP will give you a lot more options for tuning each channel, so yes would make a difference. Now you are running Pro audio gear so is it worth it is another story.

you get more control with a DSP.  you get better crossover adjustment, more EQ channels, and more precise time alignment. If you want to have more adjustment, then yes, it is worth it.

if you just want the crossover flexibility, the Pioneer in network mode should do the trick.  What are you using for settings now?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.