Kicker Hideaway, barely any sound coming out

Participant count
  • Participant list

etboone

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a Kicker Hideaway sub and I’m hooking it up to an aftermarket JVC headunit. The hideaway sub is powered and I had in in a previous vehicle. I wired everything up and am receiving almost no sound from it. When gain and boost are turned up all the way I can hear it somewhat with my ear up to it. Is there anything I can check or change on my stereo? I have the subwoofer included on the stereo along with the correct size selected. I’ve gone over all of the connections but cannot make it fully work. Its about 5% of what it can actually put out. Also i’m rather new to this, thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are 100% sure that it's hookup the same as it was in the other vehicle then it must be a head unit setting issue. Are you the one that hooked it up in the previous vehicle?

In the other vehicle I was not the one who set it up, but I do know that they didnt use rca cables to set it up

Is there a chance that theres a bad rca cable? The person hooking it up in the last vehicle couldnt get it to work with the rcas which is why he spliced into the speakers. Im using the same rca cable to wire it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.