2016 Ford Fiesta ST - Audible Physics, Dayton, Zapco

Participant count
  • Participants list

SkizeR
10+ year member

New York
Geoff has been a friend of mine for a few years now, as we both help run the Strictly Sound Quality group on facebook. He asked me if i wanted to work on his car while him and his wife went on a vacation together. He told me he wanted some pillars featuring the new Audible Physics RG100 full ranges and Dayton Audio ND16 tweeters, to modify his doors to house some Dayton RS225 midbass drivers, and to install his new Zapco Z150.6SP and Zapco Z8 IV dsp in the trunk. All to be done within a week. got it. For this car, since i was busy with another, i let my employee Matei take on most of the job. He did pretty much everything aside from some of the more complex glassing and body filler techniques, and wrapping the pieces. This also kinda explains the lack of "during" pics. Its hard to remember to take pics of every step when your in a groove and have never had to put a build log together before. Hats off to him.

Heres a quick little "before" pic on the pillars and doors. Geoff is apparently blind to dirt lol (just kidding. its a daily, so..)

side note, these doors are a total pita to clean. you will see my attempts in the after pics

iRlp39V.jpg

K186jSJ.jpg

RG100 trim ring and grill inside its baffle. I taught Matei some basic router techniques recently. He picks things up FAST.

OgvNS8X.jpg

LsC1qho.jpg

Dayton ND16, Audible Physics RG100, and Dayton RS225 all wired up

JkaHr8a.jpg

TbqDG9N.jpg

UiBi2S3.jpg

Matei figured out how much he needed to enlarge the door speaker opening, then created a template shape that fits the car while covering the hole. After the baffles of the pod were made, it glassed them to match the doors contours. They were attached to the door panel from the rear. Trim rings that press fit were routed out of acrylic and have a small bevel out the outside. They were eventually wrapped in grill cloth.

uLqxWBl.jpg

wVqxTEl.jpg

J0gjf0M.jpg

Mounting for the false floor, as well as said false floor before being wrapped in matching carpet.

RQ1Khxy.jpg

FlVJbGA.jpg

Zapco Z-150.6SP and Z8 IV installed along with some RSD Custom Cables. Check these guys out for all of your custom cable needs.

The stock false floor goes above this and this is where the subwoofer enclosure (not shown) sits

adwkoAy.jpg

Door pods fully installed. You can still see some water on the panels from trying to clean them.

WlmSCN4.jpg

Pillars done and installed

GioHKyp.jpg

p8vVeTR.jpg

WQPoYz6.jpg
6MELyrS.jpg

JcuxHHz.jpg

qrCWDIL.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Geoff has been a friend of mine for a few years now, as we both help run the Strictly Sound Quality group on facebook. He asked me if i wanted to work on his car while him and his wife went on a vacation together. He told me he wanted some pillars featuring the new Audible Physics RG100 full ranges and Dayton Audio ND16 tweeters, to modify his doors to house some Dayton RS225 midbass drivers, and to install his new Zapco Z150.6SP and Zapco Z8 IV dsp in the trunk. All to be done within a week. got it. For this car, since i was busy with another, i let my employee Matei take on most of the job. He did pretty much everything aside from some of the more complex glassing and body filler techniques, and wrapping the pieces. This also kinda explains the lack of "during" pics. Its hard to remember to take pics of every step when your in a groove and have never had to put a build log together before. Hats off to him.

Heres a quick little "before" pic on the pillars and doors. Geoff is apparently blind to dirt lol (just kidding. its a daily, so..)

side note, these doors are a total pita to clean. you will see my attempts in the after pics

RG100 trim ring and grill inside its baffle. I taught Matei some basic router techniques recently. He picks things up FAST.

Dayton ND16, Audible Physics RG100, and Dayton RS225 all wired up

Matei figured out how much he needed to enlarge the door speaker opening, then created a template shape that fits the car while covering the hole. After the baffles of the pod were made, it glassed them to match the doors contours. They were attached to the door panel from the rear. Trim rings that press fit were routed out of acrylic and have a small bevel out the outside. They were eventually wrapped in grill cloth.

Mounting for the false floor, as well as said false floor before being wrapped in matching carpet.

Zapco Z-150.6SP and Z8 IV installed along with some RSD Custom Cables. Check these guys out for all of your custom cable needs.

The stock false floor goes above this and this is where the subwoofer enclosure (not shown) sits

Door pods fully installed. You can still see some water on the panels from trying to clean them.

Pillars done and installed

Thanks for looking!

That is some very good looking work, as usual from y'all. I am pretty sure it will sound as good as it looks, if not better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.