Porsche Cayenne Sail Panels

Participant count
  • Participant list

SkizeR
10+ year member

New York
copy and pasted from elsewhere..

Rich recently contacted me about doing some work in his newly acquired Porsche Cayenne. Turns out, Rich used to be an installer back in the day and left all the messy work to us. 

In this car we installed a pair of Audible Physics NZ3AlBe wideband driver in sail panel enclosures, and Scanspeak Discovery 8's in the doors (sorry, no pictures of those). To be honest, ive always been weary of  using wideband drivers in customers cars due to the fact that they can be a bit picky, unforgiving, and unpredictable vs a traditional 3 way setup. This is my second wideband setup done here at the shop and my first time ever using the NZ3AlBe and i have to be say, im very happy with how it all turned out and how it sounded. I highly recommend these NZ3AlBe drivers.

Rich installed the Mobrige DA-3 (heads up, you will need an external bluetooth piece to handle calls since this car is not fully supported), Zapco ST-6X SQ, Zapco ST-500xmii, And SI BM MKIV.

FmbZIW3.jpg

This car did not come with any sort of sail panel. These had to be fabricated from scratch. here we are taking a mold of the small triangle window area where it meets the door panel.

CaL3Dbh.jpg

Here we have the baffle for the Audible Physics NZ3AlBe

1lTjakK.jpg

8BNp6wF.jpg

Molds pulled and trimmed, and baffles aimed and secured

tBD8Ryw.jpg

A trim ring to cover the NZ3 mounting flange and hardware

9o6BVx0.jpg

Done and installed. Eventually added some grill cloth to the back of the trim ring to hide the drivers better.

oWihDxQ.jpg

ppht2IF.jpg

5nmQlAj.jpg

kYs34Qx.jpg

JZL2pTR.jpg

A little edit on the first finished photo

JuUz9Ja.jpg

And my personal favorite photo.. i think hes a happy camper :)

XEMQuGM.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.