Amp stopped working

Participant count
  • Participant list

BSchrowang

Budget Builder
Ive got a taramps HD 3k that ive been running for over a year now. Nothing has changed but it randomly stopped working. I tried rewiring the subs in the box and ran new rcas but didnt fix it. I tried hooking my phone straight to the amp and no sounds coming out. All the lights are good so is my amp the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
If the amp is on, but not making any sound, you may have a failure based on the tests you've described.  Work all of the switches and knobs in case resistance built-up over time.  

Using a DMM to verify voltage on the power and remote is step one.

Step 2 is to play a 60Hz test tone and measure the output terminals (no wires connected) with a DMM to look for voltage (VAC).  This lets you safely play with gain and settings without concern for damaging speakers/subs. 

If you measure voltage (more than 10VAC) than the issue is probably in the sub box wiring.

I've seen sub box terminals fail and lose connection. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.