Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
ciaonzo

Censorship vs. Lack of Support

Recommended Posts

I dunno, this whole Alex Jones thing. I don't think he's being "censored" just because certain platforms no longer wish to carry his content. I mean, if he had is very own network airing his show and they stormed his studio to shut everything down and prevent his show from airing, then yeah. That's censorship and we should be worried about the encroachment of civil liberties. But he's basically been spewing garbage for free on other people's social platforms. That's not a right, that's a privilege. Am I missing something here?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-06/youtube-bans-alex-jones-after-itunes-facebook-remove-content

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-06/krieger-stop-complaining-and-just-delete-facebook


Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ciaonzo said:

I dunno, this whole Alex Jones thing. I don't think he's being "censored" just because certain platforms no longer wish to carry his content. I mean, if he had is very own network airing his show and they stormed his studio to shut everything down and prevent his show from airing, then yeah. That's censorship and we should be worried about the encroachment of civil liberties. But he's basically been spewing garbage for free on other people's social platforms. That's not a right, that's a privilege. Am I missing something here?

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-06/youtube-bans-alex-jones-after-itunes-facebook-remove-content

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-06/krieger-stop-complaining-and-just-delete-facebook

You're missing the fact that left openly spews garbage on these platforms without the same level of censorship that he experiences. 


I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's totally unacceptable and scary. Nobody's doing anything about cnn or tyt and they are the real fake news/ left propagandists.

Everyone should have the right to say whatever the fuck they want no matter how fuck up and it should be up to any individual to listen or not.

Nobody cares anymore about all the soldiers who died in trenches or got bayoneted in nightmarish wars to ensure freedom and justice for all.

 

 


I2Fv60d.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poast.


Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think these platforms will do it just as quickly to anyone who isn't good for business, black white left right. Not just Alex Jones, who was just a convenient example for me to use BTW. I'm mostly indifferent on the matter of these sensationalist clowns huffing and puffing into a microphone and expecting to be taken seriously. But again, I don't believe it is censorship. These people who are dropped from social platforms can begin their own enterprises and broadcast to their heart's content, no one is going to shut them down. Make videos spewing your opinions, upload them to your own servers and pay for a domain name to host them. But see, that's where it gets tough right? You need money to do that and businesses can provide that if you let them advertise. But what if those businesses think your messages are negatively impacting their image or sales on their items. Are they going to keep funding you?

I served my country and I was floating in the Gulf while we were wrapping things up over there during Desert Storm/Desert Shield, so I respect our freedoms and all that. But I also believe in personal responsibility and consequences for your actions. I firmly believe you should be able to say anything you want, but I also believe you should be prepared to be held fully accountable for those things said. Do you think that I won't jack you in your jaw if you come to my house and say summin disrespectful to my mama? A lot of ignorant, entitled people mistakenly believe that freedom of speech somehow also includes some underlying impunity and that they're free from the responsibility of the damage done with those words. Being provocative is great because it can stir thought and open dialogue, but if you want to go overboard and be really sensationalized about it like Alex Jones or others (left or right), it really should be an independent effort so that the blowback can only hurt Alex Jones, yeah? It shouldn't be tied in with McDonald's or Pepsi. You shouldn't be surprised when you spew hate filled nonsensical stupidity that divides people and big business says you are not good for the current interests of the owners/advertisers/customers. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pit any sides against one another here. I don't want to rub you dudes the wrong way (eww) or cause any big arguments. This is just one Veteran's opinion so don't take it to heart. I don't even believe in the left right Rep Dem, voting process, none of that. I don't vote anymore because it's all one big joke on us, the worker bee population. It's all theater to keep you distracted and "involved" while you're being a good consumer. I mean, look at where we are now as a people, as a country. The laughing stock of the globe. Alex Jones helped with that.


Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I'm just stoked that I don't have to bypass the god damn foul language filter on this shit box forum anymore.

 

DOWN WITH CENSORSHIP!!


You're a Bubblehead™

Check Out My Feedback

Say something witty and you might just end up here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still can't poast no fuckin tiddies, though.


Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Spider Monkey said:

Hey I'm just stoked that I don't have to bypass the god damn foul language filter on this shit box forum anymore.

 

DOWN WITH CENSORSHIP!!

Amen.


Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok fuck it. I'll post my two cents. I'm glad. He's a horrible human being spewing hate and lies and being banned from certain social media sites should be the least of his worries. I find people like him repulsive and that's putting it unbelievable mildly. Inciting violence, riots, or physical harm trump's (lmao) the first amendment. 

 

I actually wrote a second paragraph playing devil's advocate. I'll save it for later maybe.

 

 

 

 


Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Appreciated, man. Everyone's opinion counts in here and there's definitely more than one perspective to have on it. I mean it's not really about him, he's a clown. I'm focusing more on the title of the thread, is it truly censorship or is it a newfound lack of support. Those are two very different things.

I think he's simply being held accountable for his actions and it's not something for people to get up in arms about, claiming that it's an infringement upon the First Amendment. He can still go around saying anything he wants, he'll just have to do it somewhere else.


Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a pretty good stance to have these days. I normally wouldn't even start a thread like this but I was reading the articles and shaking my head, figured I would poast up.


Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Slo_Ride said:

Ok fuck it. I'll post my two cents. I'm glad. He's a horrible human being spewing hate and lies and being banned from certain social media sites should be the least of his worries. I find people like him repulsive and that's putting it unbelievable mildly. Inciting violence, riots, or physical harm trump's (lmao) the first amendment. 

 

I actually wrote a second paragraph playing devil's advocate. I'll save it for later maybe.

 

 

 

 

Had an individual who you agree with been censored in such a 1984 Orwellian manner would you feel the same way? You're not very tolerant. 


I AM The Future of personal transportation, NOW!!
Pretty sure everyone on this site hates you (@JohnKuthe) more then me and that's very hard to accomplish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So your view is that he was censored? I think they just reacted to him and put distance between. Look at Rosanne. She used her freedoms and said what she said, no one censored her. But they did hold her responsible. That's the point I'm trying to highlight. Moral and personal responsibility comes with the freedoms that many take for granted. Especially for anyone with a celebrity alter ego.

I'm much more worried about the removal of historical monuments from parks, and books from schools. Let's see what happens with Julian Assange before we go getting all excited about a real infringement on the First Amendment.


Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ciaonzo said:

 

I'm much more worried about the removal of historical monuments from parks, and books from schools. .

THIS. This is what bothers me. Wew lad, I'm not ignoring you, and I'll answer your question soon enough. 


Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:52 AM, ciaonzo said:

I think these platforms will do it just as quickly to anyone who isn't good for business, black white left right. Not just Alex Jones, who was just a convenient example for me to use BTW. I'm mostly indifferent on the matter of these sensationalist clowns huffing and puffing into a microphone and expecting to be taken seriously. But again, I don't believe it is censorship. These people who are dropped from social platforms can begin their own enterprises and broadcast to their heart's content, no one is going to shut them down. Make videos spewing your opinions, upload them to your own servers and pay for a domain name to host them. But see, that's where it gets tough right? You need money to do that and businesses can provide that if you let them advertise. But what if those businesses think your messages are negatively impacting their image or sales on their items. Are they going to keep funding you?

I served my country and I was floating in the Gulf while we were wrapping things up over there during Desert Storm/Desert Shield, so I respect our freedoms and all that. But I also believe in personal responsibility and consequences for your actions. I firmly believe you should be able to say anything you want, but I also believe you should be prepared to be held fully accountable for those things said. Do you think that I won't jack you in your jaw if you come to my house and say summin disrespectful to my mama? A lot of ignorant, entitled people mistakenly believe that freedom of speech somehow also includes some underlying impunity and that they're free from the responsibility of the damage done with those words. Being provocative is great because it can stir thought and open dialogue, but if you want to go overboard and be really sensationalized about it like Alex Jones or others (left or right), it really should be an independent effort so that the blowback can only hurt Alex Jones, yeah? It shouldn't be tied in with McDonald's or Pepsi. You shouldn't be surprised when you spew hate filled nonsensical stupidity that divides people and big business says you are not good for the current interests of the owners/advertisers/customers. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to pit any sides against one another here. I don't want to rub you dudes the wrong way (eww) or cause any big arguments. This is just one Veteran's opinion so don't take it to heart. I don't even believe in the left right Rep Dem, voting process, none of that. I don't vote anymore because it's all one big joke on us, the worker bee population. It's all theater to keep you distracted and "involved" while you're being a good consumer. I mean, look at where we are now as a people, as a country. The laughing stock of the globe. Alex Jones helped with that.

I am a veteran as well dude, I am in agreement with this statement @ciaonzo


2013 Cadillac SRX Performance package

Cadillac CUE Entertainment System

10 speaker Bose premium

Incriminator Audio IA20.1

Stereo Integrity HST12MKII

 

Bought from; mylows10 x5, double07 x6, ssteele x1, boxxcd x1, vecticus x1, 72impala x1, treesive x1, jaeguerra909 x1, pinoy2o9 x1, michaellane x1, trumpet x1, ricoshay x1, boomsday x1, mitchell0715 x1, Jeffdachef x1. Sold to; mrfoca x1, Treo 15 x2, Trades; AnthonyO x1, Shauncox26 x1, loudenuff x1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, macsdad said:

I am a veteran as well dude, I am in agreement with this statement @ciaonzo

Thank you for your service, brotato. :patrioti:


Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wew lad said:

Had an individual who you agree with been censored in such a 1984 Orwellian manner would you feel the same way? You're not very tolerant. 

There was a very specific reason why I choose to separate one of my previous post into two parts. I was damn near certain that some one would post exactly what you did, not only that but I also knew that it would be only one of two people. I was right. Twice. I disagree with all discrimination. Unlike you, I am tolerant of all. While I may disagree with everything he says, I I completely disagree with any one with the nerve to take away his platform. You people seem to be to stupid to realize that the temple in which you have built up , this magnificent temple, will be your impending doom. I disagree with ALL  and ANY censorship. You'll bitch and moan to prove a point. the only real question is.. are you even smart enough to know the difference. 

 

 

I'll chime in with the rest of original statement once some one with more than half a brain chimes in. Arguing with stupid people. What's the point? 


Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised hispls hasn't made an entry, he's usually very fair and evenhanded with his insightful responses.


Saying "clipping doesn't kill speakers" is a half-truth at best. Technically no, clipping itself does not hurt the speaker. But in clipping your amp, you can easily create a situation that WILL kill the speaker. Was the squared waveform the DIRECT cause of the failure? No. In the end, the answer is, always has been, and can only be... heat kills speakers. BUT, clipping increases heat generation, sometimes by a drastic amount. So to start a thread simply to state that clipping does not hurt speakers is, again, a half-truth at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought only the few of us were psychic. 

 

If by fair and insightful you mean ultra right wing then yep , that my Maine boy. Left, Right, or indifferent, as long as we can all get along and act a fool then its all good. Its the ones who take it waaay to serious that fuck it up for the rest of us.

Edited by Slo_Ride

Refs = PapaGeno21, Goindef154, 92c1v1c, Disarmer, chemmins, 97maxima, kroid777, ithertz, basscort2009, hunterw, mar08052, appleyard, millimac247, jonny101abc, sundownz, cranberryyumyum, mig139, daboyfrumdabx, skateguy92, basebalz13.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's free & easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×