head unit cutting off back on several times in a row

Participant count
  • Participant list

BOOMINGRANDPA
5,000+ posts

WOLFRAM FTW
NC
my kenwood seems to be "fixed" now.. i had this problem while site was down and posted on fb about it i thought it was wire behind hu touching metal of another wire etc.. for new guys that don't know., guy told me to download update on kenwood (which i will when new usb gets here) i'll be honest i woulda never thought of that (i have done it for my tv yrs ago) it just amazes me how much like computers everything is these days (yes i'm old i know)..  all i did was disconnect battery + for 10 mins and drove 2 hrs 2 days later worked perfect too.. which is good cause finally got to loosen up my spider, it was pretty loud on the way home.. 

my kenwood seems to be "fixed" now.. i had this problem while site was down and posted on fb about it i thought it was wire behind hu touching metal of another wire etc.. for new guys that don't know., guy told me to download update on kenwood (which i will when new usb gets here) i'll be honest i woulda never thought of that (i have done it for my tv yrs ago) it just amazes me how much like computers everything is these days (yes i'm old i know)..  all i did was disconnect battery + for 10 mins and drove 2 hrs 2 days later worked perfect too.. which is good cause finally got to loosen up my spider, it was pretty loud on the way home.. 
it doesnt make any sense for a firmware update to fix a device that isnt online

it doesnt make any sense for a firmware update to fix a device that isnt online
really idk i did it for last tv to fix couple things that didn't have anything to do with internet it was like volume and make it more stable (turn on easier etc) but like i said i guess disconnecting battery worked

i don't own any alpine equipment so thats impossible
no alpine equipment? why not? i only have 1 alpine item and im not the biggest fanboy of alpine, but ill never say they dont make good stuff ( i also wont say that they have never made certain lines that su(ked, because the definitely did) but the good they make very much offsets the bad theyve committed

no alpine equipment? why not? i only have 1 alpine item and im not the biggest fanboy of alpine, but ill never say they dont make good stuff ( i also wont say that they have never made certain lines that su(ked, because the definitely did) but the good they make very much offsets the bad theyve committed
i didn't say it was bad but kuth has everything they ever made in his car so i'm sure his family would too

@Slo_Ride we should start tagging the EFF out of him just to get him back on here from spamming the hell out of his email inbox with quotes and so forth just so that we can troll him. ever since papermaker got the boot, its been quiet.... tooooooooo quiet LoL

h2DBED4E2

Last edited by a moderator:
oh i know you didnt. ill say it tho LOL Alpine makes some truly awesome stuff, but they also have made some seriously junky models. but then again, what brand that has such a huge market share is innocent of that?
yeah amps and speakers look good to me as well as subs but i mean that dude had like hu with eq + eq + dsp i think i mean did here just order everything that said alpine? i'm not even nocking him idk him, just saying coulda saved some $ i think & sound the same

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.