Help with weird issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Hey guys I was wondering if y'all could help with an issue my brother in law is having. I sold him 2 Sundown E 10's with a Solid Audio F11D about 2 months ago. The subs were basically NIB and the amp was purchased in 2012 NIB and I ran it until this year and never had an issue. 

So he is telling me that in the mornings only, the subs are making noise (sounds like wind?) with no music playing. Basically have a constant tone and bump every once in a while. After work, he never has the issue. He had an old pioneer deck that was giving him whine noise but he got a brand new pioneer and it doesn't whine now. Vehicle is a 2003 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab. He took the cats off which rattle everything but this isn't causing the issue. Any ideas? 

As far as the amp ground, I moved it to a spot on his back wall and removed all the paint to bare metal. Any idea why it would do this in the morning but not later? I told him to start his truck tomorrow morning, let it run for a minute then kill it and restart and see if it happens. 

As far as the amp ground, I moved it to a spot on his back wall and removed all the paint to bare metal. Any idea why it would do this in the morning but not later? I told him to start his truck tomorrow morning, let it run for a minute then kill it and restart and see if it happens. 
where does he live (not that i want his address, just an area of the usa), i ask because condensation can occur overnight and will dissipate after the vehicle has been sitting in the hot sun all day

This is my underhood mess lol

aaaaaaaaa3-1992x1121.jpg

Houston area. Basically it's been high 90's to mid 100's during the day and drops down to mid 70s low 80s at night. How could the condensation cause this (serious question)? 

I told him to try the ground at a different spot so we will see. Is it odd that it only does it on the morning? If it is the ground, wouldn't it do it all the time or at least sporadically? 

Houston area. Basically it's been high 90's to mid 100's during the day and drops down to mid 70s low 80s at night. How could the condensation cause this (serious question)? 
youd be surprised. ive even heard of people spraying the connection with a rattle can some sort of weatherproofing

yeah, its not bad under there, but i should get some good terminals and shorten up a wire or 3 under there

i also just realized that this pic doesnt have the ground from the engine block to the chasis which goes right next to the other one up by the drivers headlight. i need to take new pics as its been there for over a year or so LOLOL!!!

Mothafuckin' Vtec yo!!!
heck yeah!!! LoL redeeming factor in most hondas ;)  horrid gas mileage for a sedan man

Last edited by a moderator:
Id like to ask.. how old is that alternator in the vehicle?Alternator could possibly be on its way out/struggling to survive as well.Id get it tested.. free at most auto parts stores.

Original to the truck. He just graduated from UTI and is working at a shop now so I'm telling him to test some things. He's going to get new Rca's and rerun them along with his remote wire. I had the equipment in my truck with no noise whatsoever. 

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.