HELP! Amp Issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

SoCaL081
10+ year member

Hey guys, I recently got a different car so I reinstalled my system which is a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 headunit, Alpine MRD-M1000 amp, and a Eclipse SW8122DVC sub that I had in my other car working fine but now when the amp turns on, it pushes my sub outward and has a static sound even with the RCA's unpluged. Ive tried a different speaker and it does the same. Also, my Alpine amp is like sensitive to any movement/tapping on or with it. I can tap it and it sounds like its giving my sub bass. Hopefully someone can help me out and shine some light. I bought the Alpine MRD-M1000 amp for only $35 off a crackhead on letgo cause she needed money to put on her husbands books in jail...lol but its missing the top cover and terminal cover which doesnt matter to me cause its been working perfectly for a while until this happend. Thanks for your time guys.

Sounds like something to do with an open ground on the RCA input.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does sound like an RCA issue within that amplifier. I also have the same HU sitting with Static issues from day one, and was told by Kenwood to download a firmware program to solve the static issues. id open that amp up if its not under warranty and see if there is a loose solder connection on the RCAs,if so, repair it.If amp is under warranty, send it in for repair or replacement. I would call Kenwood on the Firmare of the HU.may help as well.

Its out of warranty so I opened it up and looked at the rca inputs on one side but id have to unscrew the board and whatnot to see the other side. Am I able to do this or will i need thermal paste or whatever to redo the cooling heatsink

Does sound like an RCA issue within that amplifier. I also have the same HU sitting with Static issues from day one, and was told by Kenwood to download a firmware program to solve the static issues. id open that amp up if its not under warranty and see if there is a loose solder connection on the RCAs,if so, repair it.If amp is under warranty, send it in for repair or replacement. I would call Kenwood on the Firmare of the HU.may help as well.

20180805_144200[1].jpg

20180805_144212[1].jpg

20180805_144309.jpg

20180805_144432.jpg

20180805_144359.jpg

20180805_144411.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.