Line out from Factory RF amp Nissan Titan

Participant count
  • Participant list

StephenS
10+ year member

So I'm hooking up some rca/line out converters to 2015 Nissan Titan SV with the factory Rockford Fosgate system. I'm starting the process of finally updating my new vehicles audio system.

The amp is apparently an 8ch from what I've read, 4 doors, 4 tweeters, 1 center and sub under the seat.

**my question is how would i go about splicing into the harness, should i splice the tweeters in along with my mids/highs out or run a separate line out for them, I've got (1) 4ch and (1) 2ch. Line out converter, so should i splice my front tweets with the front speaks and rear tweeters with rear doors and if that's right I could use my single 2ch for my sub. Which if I'm correct i need to splice into the harness from the amps output not after the HU.. if need more info. ask away! Appreciate any help. Not completely new to car audio, I've just falling way behind, especially with all the new gadgets being put in cars not. 50% of my issue is this being my new veichle and I dont wanna fry something and have to spend money i wouldn't need or want to because I didnt simply ask for help..

So I'm hooking up some rca/line out converters to 2015 Nissan Titan SV with the factory Rockford Fosgate system. I'm starting the process of finally updating my new vehicles audio system.

The amp is apparently an 8ch from what I've read, 4 doors, 4 tweeters, 1 center and sub under the seat.

**my question is how would i go about splicing into the harness, should i splice the tweeters in along with my mids/highs out or run a separate line out for them, I've got (1) 4ch and (1) 2ch. Line out converter, so should i splice my front tweets with the front speaks and rear tweeters with rear doors and if that's right I could use my single 2ch for my sub. Which if I'm correct i need to splice into the harness from the amps output not after the HU.. if need more info. ask away! Appreciate any help. Not completely new to car audio, I've just falling way behind, especially with all the new gadgets being put in cars not. 50% of my issue is this being my new veichle and I dont wanna fry something and have to spend money i wouldn't need or want to because I didnt simply ask for help..
I'm trying to follow your logic here.  A diagram would be faster to interpret your meaning. 

Are you changing speakers or just adding amps?  It changes the answer. 

First step is to find a wiring diagram for your vehicle and the pin-out diagram for the amp harnesses. You may need to pay a one-time fee for a day access to a service technician website to get this info. You also need to determine what the signal is into the amp and what the amp does to that signal (it may add EQ, it may add crossovers, it may add delays, it may add chimes, it may add microphone noise cancelling, etc.). 

You need to know if the tweeters are amplified separate from the woofers.  It is common for factory systems to have a small capacitor on the factory tweeters, which changes the wiring requirements.  You can verify this by looking at the tweeters and reporting back.  You can remove each of the speakers to look at the wiring colors then look at the factory amp and match colors with pin locations.  You can also look at the head unit wiring and match that to the amp input harness.  You can use a DMM to measure the output voltage from the head unit and look to see if you can just bypass the line output converters and use a cleaner signal before the amp. 

You can see a process I did for determining how to interface with a 2017 Malibu here:

https://www.chevymalibuforum.com/forums/137-modifications-generation-9/92681-2017-lt-factory-radio-frequency-response-4.html#post783545

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.