Rotary subwoofers

wow that is pretty interesting. The amount of space required must be massive. If you can pair it with a subwoofer that has good response with the higher bass, you would be able to cover all frequencies up to 100 hz with a breeeze (literally). Your clothes and hair would be flying all over the place on those loww lowwws.. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, but it's not a rotary sub. You mentioned it in this thread like it was, so... that's why he made the distinction.

This is what's being discussed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDkKQdRDNzQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLra9EAuOLA
exactly. PG was on the cutting edge with this back in the day and from what i recall the cyclones were stupid expensive but they arent rotary woofers. the tech behind rotary subs is very similar to the props of airplanes or blades on a helicopter with variable speed and pitch of the blades. I saw a youtube video the other day that i cant find in my history nor via searches that a very renowned audio engineer explains them very well in. Ive seen many videos of his previously and cant for the life of me remember his name. nvm, found it 

hmm the vanes do rotate though, they just don't go all the way around. anything traveling around a center point is technically rotating even if they do oscillate.

Not really

Screenshot_20180806-071750_Google.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.