Music with Surprising Bass

ThxOne
Premium Member

The Boss
I listen to a lot of stuff and thanks to subwoofers I am constantly finding more joy from all the music I listened to before subs entered my life. Two songs come to mind right off the top... Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride. When the bass guitar kicks in with the first lyric and you have a loud and low subwoofer section, this song can get your attention really quick. It's awesome. The other song is Skid Row - Quicksand Jesus. Again, the bass guitar is low and could pull the air out of your chest given the right amount of subs and power. Both great songs. Another song with an acoustic upright bass that made me jump because I wasn't expecting the bass guitar... "most of the song, it was not present", Holly Cole Trio - Tennessee Waltz.. That very first finger plucked note on that upright... Geesh!! lol

What non rap or bass oriented music do you all like that has surprisingly great bass that you could recommend taking a listen too? Artist? Song?

u wouldn't believe how much bass is in country music. idk what songs now but my rear view mirror fell off playing dixie chicks about 20 yrs ago with 3 sealed 10's and 600rms

Trust me I know. I am just not a Country music fan myself... several past girlfriends were though. I just can't listen to music where they force themselves to have an overly pronounced drawl. George Jones, Dwight Yoakam are about the only two I can tolerate. I have been listening to more Beatles as of late... some of their stuff has some pretty good bottom end.

I can't think of the song titles because I just put on liquid metal on siriusxm sometimes  but harms way has some songs that have pretty cool bass drops. 

Physico killer talking heads 

Some 80s pop has some surprising bass relax by frankie goes to Hollywood comes to mind. Robert plant I'm in the mood couple of other songs from that same album. Inexces,simple minds 

I agree f country except a few of the 70s 80s stuff. 

Jane child - dont wanna fall in love

That song was supposedly the first ever recorded on a ferro fluid keyboard (about a $50k keyboard in the 80s) and drops down to 34hz which was pretty unheard of at the time.

Anything on Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon

A lot of Dire Straits

Anything Tool

I'm sure there's more I'm missing

Edit: Weezer ft Lil Wayne - can't stop partying

One of my alltime faves :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Maynard. I bought the first apc album. Tried to like it. Had 1 decent song on it. Got into Chevelle instead to try and fill the tool void. Tool was 1 of fav from that era.

Yeah, Chevelle is great. Godflesh has some pretty good low end depending on the time frame/album. Same with Electric Wizard and Fu Manchu.

Interesting... There are some bands listed I have never even heard of. Ok, Sepultura, the Arise Album has some bass for sure. I have Most of Pink Floyd's albums... yup, lots of bass. Jane Child brings back some memories. The little French Hottie Alizee has a song that really hits hard "Alizee - J'ai pas vingt ans"

Massive Attack - "Angel"

Hell, pretty much anything by Massive Attack.
Ok, I watched this video... Cool music no doubt about it. I was worried if they were going to catch that poor man. I sampled a couple other songs by them, I like it. It is the kind of music that reminds me of when we would bring a bunch of people back from the club and continue the "party" at our house.

Interesting... There are some bands listed I have never even heard of. Ok, Sepultura, the Arise Album has some bass for sure. I have Most of Pink Floyd's albums... yup, lots of bass. Jane Child brings back some memories. The little French Hottie Alizee has a song that really hits hard "Alizee - J'ai pas vingt ans"

Bro.... Roots is the album for low end, nothing else from them comes close. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's one track where they come close to 0dB during a bridge or breakdown or whatever.

image.jpeg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.