Bangler

Newbie - Need help with box design please

On 8/9/2018 at 2:48 PM, Bangler said:

Just messing. Shouldn't be a worry with this setup cause it isn't getting demo'd, I'm not competing, and I only ever drive 10-15 minutes at a time.

That's not how bad amps work.   Poorly built/designed amps don't need to be abused or ran hard to fail catastrophically.  The Hifonics XXV Sampson was famous for that with about 3 out of 10 blowing up as soon as you power them up.

16 hours ago, shredder2 said:

Really don't know about Rockville's low impedance capability. 1.33ohm for short excursions... what does that mean anyways? Thinking of re-wiring the subs at 2.7ohm when not at 1.33 ohm?

Unless you're just playing around... I'd stick to 2 subs wired to 2 ohm in a proper enclosure. It just seems like a lot of work for what you're likely to get to me. Unless you're planning to upgrade subs and amp... in that case, build the enclosure for whatever you're going to get eventually and throw those Vegas in there till you switch out to more capable drivers and maybe different amp?.. 3200 wrms?.. Idk about that... maybe in the dark of the moon after sacrificing a goat when pluto and uranus align. I just can't see that amp delivering anywhere near rated... if you pop the subs it'll likely be cause of clipping. And that's if the amp lasts... I'd stick to 2 ohm if it was me with that amp.

Anyone else wanna add anything?

Cheap is good in this case cause the vehicle lacks security.  There are no doors, no locks, nothing to stop a thief from jacking the equipment. Perhaps I've provided to much information.

I'm looking for a box design to meet three 12's in a maximum space of 42" Length x 36" width x 18" height. I will pay for a box design that meets my simple requirements; I'm flexible (provided a reasonable argument) to meet my goal of a top firing box with options of two 15's  -  or one 18 to any one that wants to design it.

I found of video of the DB16 on a dyno, its not that bad. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVlbCm034F0 

Please don't get bogged down on my personal risks here. I just want help with the box design please. Paid. Of course.

10 hours ago, hispls said:

That's not how bad amps work.   Poorly built/designed amps don't need to be abused or ran hard to fail catastrophically.  The Hifonics XXV Sampson was famous for that with about 3 out of 10 blowing up as soon as you power them up.

That's great but there is no supporting evidence that the DB series of Rockville amps are prone to burn. This site seems to hate anything that affordable which is understandable.  No one wants to recommend something that, perhaps, may have a risk. I understand the risks, so don't worry about it.  ;p

You willing to help design a box?

2 hours ago, Bangler said:

I'm looking for a box design to meet three 12's in a maximum space of 42" Length x 36" width x 18" height. I will pay for a box design that meets my simple requirements; I'm flexible (provided a reasonable argument) to meet my goal of a top firing box with options of two 15's  -  or one 18 to any one that wants to design it.

That's a nice big box.

Do you own those CV 12s already?  Did anybody confirm TS parameters?

2 hours ago, Bangler said:

That's great but there is no supporting evidence that the DB series of Rockville amps are prone to burn. This site seems to hate anything that affordable which is understandable.  No one wants to recommend something that, perhaps, may have a risk. I understand the risks, so don't worry about it.  😜

You willing to help design a box?

I've got a lot more experience building boxes for higher end subs.   Strong motor force and stiff suspension types all do well in "DD box" (look at DD's website for plans and specs).  Haven't done anything else in ages and haven't done any entry level tier stuff since the days when sealed box was the conventional wisdom.

IDK if I'd assume you got 3200 watts on tap... but I came up with this.

IoLW0K.jpg

Edited by shredder2

1 hour ago, shredder2 said:

IDK if I'd assume you got 3200 watts on tap... but I came up with this.

IoLW0K.jpg

I would flip the v shaped configuration around so there isn't a sub so close to the port. 

48 minutes ago, THATpurpleKUSH said:

I would flip the v shaped configuration around so there isn't a sub so close to the port. 

Easy peasy...

gUwjRy.jpg

Yes, it'll be better like this... Thx