Undecided

This is probably the 120378461928364th post about this, but I would like some advice on a subwoofer for my new car. I have a 2018 Dodge Challenger. For now I plan to keep everything stock except for the sub. I'll use the format suggested in the stickied thread:

Number of subs preferred: 1

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 12"

Budget: $600ish

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): 1500 Watts at 1 OHM? (not sure)

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): About 16 cubic feet

Goals: Loud and clear, I don't want distortion on lower frequencies

Listening habits: I listen to everything but country

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: Digital Designs, Image Dynamics, not sure what else is good

I know next to nothing when it comes to car stereos. I had a DD 12" sub about 10 years ago and I loved it. I can't remember exactly which model it was unfortunately. I have this amp Mike Amplifier by US Acoustics | Car Audio from way back then: US Acoustics 1500W. I've been reading all kinds of stuff about different subs, but so much of it I don't really understand. Mostly the technical stuff. I just want to get the most for my money and I'd appreciate any help.

well depends how loud u want to be.. look at fu car audio1250 (i have the 750) 1250 would really need 2k though the 750 would be great on a wolfram 1500 .. idmax is a great sub wolfram 1500 be great on that too.. if u want loud with deep bass u need a ported box tuned to about 32hz (i like around 35ish) 2-2.5cf for 12 or 3.5-4cfad for 15 but that is sub and power dependent too so whatever sub and amp u get will have to be modeled on box program to get correct airspace and port size..

Awesome, thanks for the responses. I'll read up on each of these and decide which will be best. I'll most likely go with a ported box for whatever I get. I like for the really low bass to be loud and clear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

strider209

strider209
Colorado Springs
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
mastershake575