Crossover settings

lurice0

I have everything set at like 80 and i want to be more exact

My setup:

Up front is polk mm6502 (35-40k Hz) back is mm651 (40-25k Hz) all powered by Rockford p600-4.

Subs are 2 X-12 V.2 D4 - Sundown Audio (38.3 hz) powered by one of their 3000 amps.

My deck is a Kenwood DDX9903S 6.95" eXcelon Double-DIN that i hooked up to a Rockford 3sixty.3 dsp using low level rca cables. 3 sets of rca go from the dsp inputs to the head unit, 4 sets of rca cables go from the dsp outputs to the amps, so that i can also tune my separate front tweeters, however i really only have 6 channels?

Help me set HPF and LPF for front1 and front2, rear, and subs, based on my speakers specs?

I'm still saving for a quality RTA mic, meanwhile i just use the iPhone mic

I can measure i just don't have a good mic, I'm also worried about just making sure I'm set up right.

Since I'm using the DSP (3sixty.3) should i get rid of the little crossover box that came with my front components? That would mean i need a little tweeter amp? Not sure front tweeters are hooked up right.

My tweeters up front sound weak, i have the tweeters hpf at like 2,500hz on the dsp

My midrange up front are HPF 80hz on dsp, those front components are on the amp and the hpf is set at like 100hz because it stresses if i go lower I think.

Same deal with rear coaxials, hpf 80hz on dsp but a little higher on the amp.

Subwoofers are LPF 80hz but sometimes i do band pass and try different things.

All my speakers are dual voice coils but i only wired my subwoofers in that strange way where one shirt wire connects 2 terminals together on the same speaker.

Sounds like you are in over your head. If you are using passive crossovers then the DSP will not have a filter.

Only the HPF for the midrange.

Only use one filter. DSP or amp.

I can measure i just don't have a good mic, I'm also worried about just making sure I'm set up right.
Since I'm using the DSP (3sixty.3) should i get rid of the little crossover box that came with my front components? That would mean i need a little tweeter amp? Not sure front tweeters are hooked up right.

My tweeters up front sound weak, i have the tweeters hpf at like 2,500hz on the dsp

My midrange up front are HPF 80hz on dsp, those front components are on the amp and the hpf is set at like 100hz because it stresses if i go lower I think.

Same deal with rear coaxials, hpf 80hz on dsp but a little higher on the amp.

Subwoofers are LPF 80hz but sometimes i do band pass and try different things.

All my speakers are dual voice coils but i only wired my subwoofers in that strange way where one shirt wire connects 2 terminals together on the same speaker.
leave the rear on head unit power.

Make sure your tweeters are on axis firing at your ears.

You have your tweeters on one pair of channels and mids on the other pair of channels. get rid of the passive crossover.

If you are using a passive crossover, you shouldnt be using any kind of tweeter high pass because it doesnt work that way, with a passive crossover in place your signal should be full range.

When you get rid of the passive crossover and run active like what i said earlier then you use the crossovers on the dsp.

Ok jeffdachef, I'm removing the passive crossovers and hooking rears up to the deck. Do i then switch the amps to all pass filter so the dsp gets all the control? How do i tell the amps that I want to use the dsp?

My town has no stereo installation store nearby so i do it all, i am new to dsp

Ok jeffdachef, I'm removing the passive crossovers and hooking rears up to the deck. Do i then switch the amps to all pass filter so the dsp gets all the control? How do i tell the amps that I want to use the dsp?My town has no stereo installation store nearby so i do it all, i am new to dsp
your RCA should go to the DSP, your dsp outputs RCAs. As long as the DSP is in the equation its in use, your amps are forced to amplify whatever the dsp outputs.

keep volume low until you know for sure that you have your crossovers in place and its working properly before you crank it up.

You can have the amplifier channel for the tweeters on high pass 500hz or less just for a 2ndary level of security from bass signals.

Ok thanks for your help now I'm struggling to get these NEW front speakers sounding right with the DSP crossover and eq.

NEW MID FRONT SPEAKERS

Pioneer TS-M650PRO 6-3/4" PRO Series, 500w (110w)                       50 hz - 18khz    , impedance 4 ohms

NEW TWEETERS

[SIZE=17pt]Pyle-Pro PDBT49 2'' Heavy Duty Titanium Super Tweeter[/SIZE]

[SIZE=17pt] 300 Watts RMS/600 Watts Peak * Sensitivity:106 dB/w/m * Impedance:4-8 Ohm * Freq.Resp.:2 kHZ - 25 kHZ[/SIZE]

[SIZE=17pt]all powered by the same 4 channel amp, the [/SIZE]

[SIZE=17pt]Rockford Fosgate T600-4[/SIZE]

[SIZE=17pt]24dB slope[/SIZE]

[SIZE=17pt]Power)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=17pt]100 Watts x 4 @ 4-Ohm [/SIZE]

[SIZE=17pt]150 Watts x 4 @ 2-Ohm [/SIZE]

[SIZE=17pt]300 Watts x 2 @ 4-Ohm Bridged [/SIZE]

[SIZE=17pt]2-Ohm x 2 Bridged Stable[/SIZE]

That amp doesn't even get warm very much. Should and could i be bridging the tweeters and or bridging the mid-ranges?

I use my rta mic and aim for a flat response and i will post pics of that soon because I'm not sure it's correct.

I use a computer program called DATS V2 and its tester clips hardware to calculate my speakers F(s) then double that number for where to set that speakers frequency response, but I don't know what my crossover slopes should be and how to make sure I don't have any dips or nulls. 

I use DATS as a oscilloscope to calculate where my gain should be but it's always clipping at very low gain and i turn gain up more anyway. Is DATS V2 to be ised as oscilloscope to set gain?

Last edited by a moderator:
nobody is gonna be able to tune your system over the internet...you have been pointed in the right direction, its all trial and error, some settings work well in some vehicles some dont. all make/models have different interior reflections and different speaker mounting positions/distances....from my experience it takes a long long time to tune...especially if your inexperienced, just keep at it a dont get frustrated

That amp doesn't even get warm very much. Based on what i have, Should and could i be bridging the tweeters and or bridging the mid-ranges?

That amp doesn't even get warm very much. Based on what i have, Should and could i be bridging the tweeters and or bridging the mid-ranges?
if it gets loud enough as is leave it....heat kills electrical components, if not bridge them and see what happens (set gain low at first).....trial and error man...as for tuning with rta, I have been trying different house curves and different weighting (A,C,Flat) just gotta be patient and let your ears tell you what sounds best....dont rely strictly on the RTA

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.