JBL or Infinity subs

Aaron0731

I will be running 2 12s sealed, each one driven by its own Kicker kxa1200.1 @ 4 ohm. The specs are very similar except some of the material used and the JBL has 3” coils vs 2” for the Infinity. Does anyone have any experience with one or the other or both? I’m looking for clean bass.

Link to Infinity sub: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108KAPPA12/Infinity-Kappa-1200W.html

Link to JBL sub: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109STAD122/JBL-Stadium-1224.html

Link to amps: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_206KXA1200/Kicker-44KXA1200-1.html

Are you stuck on these subs and brands? For $1000/$1600(depending on if you are getting one amp or two) you could do soooooo much better.

You could do a pair of FU750 12s for $380, wolfram 3000.1 for $380 with the coupon code and $200 towards a good box. You are at $960 for subs and an amp with more power than the 2 Kickers. The rest of the money could go towards electrical.

There are tons of other choices in that price range...FI Alpha, used Sundown SAs or new Es and loads of amps as well.

If you are determined to get those pieces, one amp at 2 ohms would probably make more sense than 2 amps at 4ohms. Probably not with $600 to have a second amp. Use that money on box and battery, or upgraded door speakers with an

Amp.

Wonder what happened to TC's Hifonics build (abandoned his thread when someone posted the dyno of his amp after claiming 2ohms would be less taxing and would get 1400 watts because it had a CEA sticker). 1 ohm dyno with good electrical barely got over a 1000 watts

1.1 cuft per chamber custom built for my 2010 Camaro. I’m all over the place with music... These are my choices because I can get Kicker and Harman products at a significant discount. I’ve been involved with car audio on and off for 20 years and do my own work. I am not an expert but I do my research. I’m an industrial electrician by trade and do not need counsel on ohms law. Or my products of choice. That’s not directed toward anyone in particular just throwing it out there. There’s a lot of filth on site.

Flip a coin. Infinitys look better to me (Visually) and have the same power handling despite having a smaller coil. Both have very similar basic specs between the two. I've always associated the Kappas with being great sounding woofers, though that was 10+ years ago.

Unfortunately I can't add anything that you don't already know.

I'd take the JBL- Bigger coil, appears to have better cooling and a slight advantage with spl factor.

Q paramters, vas, inductance, moving mass and xmax are all very similar otherwise.

Either way you can't go wrong with either one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.