Adding port length ..?

Participant count
  • Participant list
View attachment 26557723View attachment 26557721View attachment 26557722View attachment 26557724

I have punched these numbers in about ten different calculators and am getting different tuning frequencies from each. I am looking to get this box to 30hz. Need help in figuring out if I should add port length and how much in order to get this frequency. The numbers I have gotten so far are anywhere from 35 to 47 hz tuning .. I have access to the box in order to add more port length. I am running an 18" FI audio Btl ufo on an Orion 2500.1 dz at 1 ohm

View attachment 26557723View attachment 26557721View attachment 26557722View attachment 26557724
I have punched these numbers in about ten different calculators and am getting different tuning frequencies from each. I am looking to get this box to 30hz. Need help in figuring out if I should add port length and how much in order to get this frequency. The numbers I have gotten so far are anywhere from 35 to 47 hz tuning .. I have access to the box in order to add more port length. I am running an 18" FI audio Btl ufo on an Orion 2500.1 dz at 1 ohm
ok so this is a box u have built? diff calcs show diff lengths mostly it's just about 1/2 width of port though.. if port is real long some will ad (or subtract how ever u look at it) length because actual port can be shorter but still tune lower because port is so long.. i take it u tried wins? did u try the online calc? it's pretty close easy to use may show little shorter than wins Port Length Calculator

Last edited by a moderator:
so u doubled both port walls but no where else? u gonna double the top baffle? is that included in the height? or is 24.25 with out the top baffle?i subtracted the top as if it's counted in the height and assume it's doubled... and 42hz unless i looked at it wrong.. since port doesn't go around back of box can't figure it'll tune tad lower for being long, normally on most ports the are longer than they are taller.. ok maybe i added it wrong then hang on

Last edited by a moderator:
so u doubled both port walls but no where else? u gonna double the top baffle? is that included in the height? or is 24.25 with out the top baffle?
Everywhere is double baffled and the top is triple baffled. The heights I punched in are for single baffle just to make things easier for punching in numbers

View attachment 26557726View attachment 26557727

ok so this is a box u have built? diff calcs show diff lengths mostly it's just about 1/2 width of port though.. if port is real long some will ad 9or subtract how ever u look at it) length because actual port can be shorter but still tune lower because port is so long.. i take it u tried wins? did u try the online calc? it's pretty close easy to use may show little shorter than wins Port Length Calculator
Here are the same numbers punched with a difference in almost 6 hz

Everywhere is double baffled and the top is triple baffled. The heights I punched in are for single baffle just to make things easier for punching in numbers
much better that doesn't subtract port boards does it? i subtracted the double baffle port board the port disp and got 6.7cf ad how close is that to what u got? i see bracing in there so if i just say box is 6.5cf to be safe if thats right i get 36hz man..

much better that doesn't subtract port boards does it? i subtracted the double baffle port board the port disp and got 6.7cf ad how close is that to what u got? i see bracing in there so if i just say box is 6.5cf to be safe if thats right i get 36hz man..
Yea I'd say with bracing and not including port walls it's around 8 cubes

Yea I'd say with bracing and not including port walls it's around 8 cubes
Ok yeah that's exactly what I was going for when I built the box but after running it for a few days I'm not hitting those real lows like I like to so I'm wondering how I would go about changing this box without tearing it all apart to get down to 30hz or so

yeah port would have to be crazy long to because of port area for it to tune that low.. box would need to be like 10cf total probably.. just set ss filter at 30ish hz won't get the 25hz if thats what u wanted it u have to make a bigger one..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.