Help with box size

jasonlucas82

Ohio
Hi,

I'm in need for some advise and help.

I have dual sundown x12's(v2). I have a SUV that I am putting these in. With my 3rd row down I have the following space to work with

49 inches long -(front to back of car)

3 ft high - (floor to ceiling)

3 ft 8 inches -(side to side)

I am looking to order a custom sub box here in next few days and need to figure out cubic feet

I'm looking to make a decent size box and not afraid to go little bigger to produce some bigger sound but was wanting to have the option of removing and using the 3rd row if I absolute have to. Can someone guild a noob on how to go about figuring out what size to get or go about how to determine what i need

if you want "guidance", then pay attention to this.

If you are serious and want to completely design your own box, follow the above link advise, and google WinISD tutorials to get your head around how things work. its worth it.

are you serious?? theyre expecting you to plot out your subs?? I hope this is not a professional outfit your dealing with.. the way i see it is " do the math yourself! ill do the easy part"

you need to finesse a box into its environment.. Even if i said to you

"2 cu ft per sub@ 30 hz was fantastic!"

Do you think thats gonna be great for you? power applied, cone excursion and what i recommended you research needs applied. no shortcut here.

Edit: that said, ive offered you everything you need to complete this build if you are willing to do your homework. If you decide to not take my advise, or simply feel lazy, then give you $ to a designer here on this site.

Either way, those X's you have are amazing! get them in the right box and dont let them down! Also hoping you have enough power the feed them

Edit2 !!! OH Lord jeezes, PLEASE do not tell us your trying to Seal these subs!

Amps

SUNDOWN SAX 200.4

SUNDOWN SVC-4000D (Dropped to 1 Ohm)

Mids

Sundown Neopro 6.5

SUBWOOFER

Sundown x12's v2 (2 Ohm)

Power

XS Power d3100

Custom sub box - tuned to 34-35 htz(rock listener) (5 cubic feet)

Yes even before you even ask mechman 240amp will be installed and 1 more additional battery

Amps
SUNDOWN SAX 200.4

SUNDOWN SVC-4000D (Dropped to 1 Ohm)

Mids

Sundown Neopro 6.5

SUBWOOFER

Sundown x12's v2 (2 Ohm)

Power

XS Power d3100

Custom sub box - tuned to 34-35 htz(rock listener) (5 cubic feet)

Yes even before you even ask mechman 240amp will be installed and 1 more additional battery
You are going to need d4 subs to achieve final 1ohm load.

Really don't understand the question... all the enclosure info is on the SD website... just size/configure it for your vehicle.

If your ordering it from someone who can't do that... I'd find someone else...

SZMyak.jpg

All the info looks to be on the website to me... IDK...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.