Best SQL Woofers?

jdubin94

Miami
So I currently have a 1cuf sealed enclosure with 2 10's. They hit plenty hard enough for me, but the SQ is to be desired. For prolonged bass notes in hip-hop, they sound great, but I listen to quite a bit of EDM; music that contains many fast, short, repeated bass notes, where SQ, or lack thereof, can really be heard. I'm looking for a 10" sub to run off of 1100 watts, that will do well in a 1cuf sealed enlcosure, that sounds really good. For me, output comes second but still important. For example, I don't think I'd be interested in something like the IDMAX considering it can only take like 500watts. Any recommendations?

I was looking at the SSA Icon. I think it would be perfect but they currently don't have it in 10".

Was also looking at some of FI's sub's like the SSD Neo. I remember people saying those subs are quite impressive. Not sure which ones in their lineup are more SQL oriented though.

So I currently have a 1cuf sealed enclosure with 2 10's. They hit plenty hard enough for me, but the SQ is to be desired. For prolonged bass notes in hip-hop, they sound great, but I listen to quite a bit of EDM; music that contains many fast, short, repeated bass notes, where SQ, or lack thereof, can really be heard. I'm looking for a 10" sub to run off of 1100 watts, that will do well in a 1cuf sealed enlcosure, that sounds really good. For me, output comes second but still important. For example, I don't think I'd be interested in something like the IDMAX considering it can only take like 500watts. Any recommendations?
I was looking at the SSA Icon. I think it would be perfect but they currently don't have it in 10".

Was also looking at some of FI's sub's like the SSD Neo. I remember people saying those subs are quite impressive. Not sure which ones in their lineup are more SQL oriented though.
what subs and amp do you currently have?

the idmax 10 takes 1000 watts rms, and they are **** good subs.
Oh my mistake, then maybe these are a good contender.

sounds like you have a loading and phase issue that affects group delay more than a subwoofer issue. literally you install that needs fixing not swapping out subs like underwear.
I didn't mean to convey that my subs don't sound tight or accurate. I simply don't like the SQ that they produce.

what subs and amp do you currently have?
RE *** 10's and an Alpine MRV M110

I didn't mean to convey that my subs don't sound tight or accurate. I simply don't like the SQ that they produce.
If its not accuracy than its bandwidth. Thats still an install issue. If you are lacking in bandwidth anywhere from 20-60hz than its an enclosure design and loading issue. If its not loud enough in some of the bandwidth than its also an output issue. SQ is broken down into many parts. Just saying SQ alone doesn't fix anything, you go into specifics of what actually needs work. Is like you tell a mechanic oh the car doesnt run properly. the mechanic asks what specifically is wrong and then you just keep saying I dont like how its running....

Oh my mistake, then maybe these are a good contender.

RE *** 10's and an Alpine MRV M110
maybe look at dayton ho 10 if you are limited on space

SQL is not a thing. It’s either one or the other. The install does that. Of course some woofers are limited in output but at SQ listening levels any sub will do it with a bit of EQ

I feel like you experts always love to over-analyze haha, no offense (I know yall are very knowledgable). That said, I understand that all of the things you are mentioning can very well affect SQ but at the end of the day, the largest determining factor of SQ to my understanding is quite simply the sub itself, followed by the enclosure that it's in. Would you really disagree? If I told you had a p.o.s $70 sub in there and complained of it not sounding good, are you really gonna say it has to do with everything but the sub itself? Prob not. Granted, my subs weren't that cheap, but at the end of the day, I really think my lack of SQ boils down to the sub itself and the overly small enclosure that it's in, maybe even more so the enclosure than the sub itself - Which is why I think it will be wiser to just run 1, slightly more powerful sub.

I feel like you experts always love to over-analyze haha, no offense (I know yall are very knowledgable). That said, I understand that all of the things you are mentioning can very well affect SQ but at the end of the day, the largest determining factor of SQ to my understanding is quite simply the sub itself, followed by the enclosure that it's in. Would you really disagree? If I told you had a p.o.s $70 sub in there and complained of it not sounding good, are you really gonna say it has to do with everything but the sub itself? Prob not. Granted, my subs weren't that cheap, but at the end of the day, I really think my lack of SQ boils down to the sub itself and the overly small enclosure that it's in, maybe even more so the enclosure than the sub itself - Which is why I think it will be wiser to just run 1, slightly more powerful sub.
Install makes all the difference in the world. I've heard $70 woofers blow $300 subs out of the water. You may think these guys over analyze things but that's literally what it takes to fix these issues. It seems you're limited on space so I'd do one 10 ported if you can. You're enclosure is key

dude, if you already have RE x x x 10"s, then youre already in good shape hardware wise. Not sure which ones you have as theyve had several iterations of the x x x line over the years, but those things are dang good subs. you probably need a better box

dude, if you already have RE x x x 10"s, then youre already in good shape hardware wise. Not sure which ones you have as theyve had several iterations of the x x x line over the years, but those things are dang good subs. you probably need a better box

Nah I have the S.E.X's. Sorry the forum blocked it out last time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.