Any decent 6x9 midrange speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hi!

I'm currently looking into installing the following into my 94' Bronco:

-Tweeters on the dash

-Anarchy 7" Midbass drivers in the two doors

-a 12" subwoofer (something like the P3D4-12) in the back

and then two 6x9 speakers in the rear seat (rear bench) area. After installing those speakers, I realize I'll be mission the midrange. So while there's a lot of threads on this matter, it seems as though there are atleast a few new speakers coming out every few months, so in the current state, 2018, what 6x9" speakers do you guys recommend? My budget is up to $300 on the pair. and since I'll only have tweeters on the dashboard, with my door midbass drivers being components, I'd like my 6x9s to be coaxial.

Any help appreciated!

Hi!
I'm currently looking into installing the following into my 94' Bronco:

-Tweeters on the dash

-Anarchy 7" Midbass drivers in the two doors

-a 12" subwoofer (something like the P3D4-12) in the back

and then two 6x9 speakers in the rear seat (rear bench) area. After installing those speakers, I realize I'll be mission the midrange. So while there's a lot of threads on this matter, it seems as though there are atleast a few new speakers coming out every few months, so in the current state, 2018, what 6x9" speakers do you guys recommend? My budget is up to $300 on the pair. and since I'll only have tweeters on the dashboard, with my door midbass drivers being components, I'd like my 6x9s to be coaxial.

Any help appreciated!
Check over on crutchfield.com, put in make, model, and year, and the data base will tell what will fit, they also have plenty to choose from.

Check over on crutchfield.com, put in make, model, and year, and the data base will tell what will fit, they also have plenty to choose from.
Thanks for your reply! Yeah I've looked at a few. The thing is, many speakers speak about "good bass" but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking at speakers that can nicely recreate midbass frequencies.

A 6x9 is going to give mid-bass, look at the frequency response on them. Call them and tell them what you are looking for, they will help you choose what will work for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.