Low Budget Subwoofer Setup?

xImZinc

Hopefully this is a good place to ask this question. Sorry if I'm mistaken! This is my first post/time being here.

I have a 2015 Corolla and the sound is terrible. I love bass and it has none, lol. I've decided I want to start off with some subs of course.

I don't have much knowledge on the topic, so sorry about that.

I have roughly $500, give or take. Can any recommend a setup that includes everything I'll need? I was looking into dual Rockford Fosgate P2D4-12's, but I couldn't put together a setup that'd stay into my budget.

My second option I put together was a pair of cheaper subs, these MTX's on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001JECAM2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

paired with this sub: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BF6HYDE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_6?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

but I've looked up videos of similar setups, and the MTX's just don't seem very loud.

Sorry for the long thread, I really appreciate any help you guys can throw at me. Sorry for my first post being one asking for so much as well.

tl;dr: $500~ sub setup for a 2015 corolla?

Ru using the stock headunit? If so put aside 50-75 for wiring and stuff, get a decent pair of used 12's and an amp froma reputableseller on here, then build a box. Toull end up with much better gear.

look at pioneer 3004 pro 12's ($80) 1 would be 2 ohm so look for amp that does good power at 2 ohm like 900ish rms. or 2 would be 1 ohm so need at least a 1200rms amp.. mine has done really well ported 1.63cfad prefab ported box on over 900rms for 6 months.. do this and it will give u $ left over for good 1/0 welding wire, get enough so u can do big 3 wires under hood (search big 3 wires) and $ for decent box or wood for u to make your own.. also if u have factory hu, a aftermarket hu even under $100 with built in crossovers and 24bit da convertor makes huge diff and prevent speakers from distorting.. or if u don't mind upgrading to expensive ho alt and 2nd battery u can get bigger amp if u don't want to do that look at 3004 subs or alpine s (if u want 2) or u can do 1 tad nicer 12 in a good ported box and run all power from 1200 rms amp to 1 sub.. check out our guy bigblanks amp dyno channel to know what amps do actual power (jbl gtx 500 tested over 800rms about $99 great for 1 sub as well as pioneer 8601 and 9601 great low cost amps)

so he should buy the mtx subs then huh lol... all u do is insult where your rec for him then..

All you do is recommend gutter shit. Not everyone is on your welfare level budget. You don't even bother to inquire what someone's listening needs are, you just blurt out bottom of the barrel equipment because you saw the word budget. Quit getting butt hurt when people call you out for always recommending gutter shit and constantly giving bad advice. You are a detriment to this forum, you contribute nothing but wasted bandwidth. Not that you know what that means....

All you do is recommend gutter shit. Not everyone is on your welfare level budget. You don't even bother to inquire what someone's listening needs are, you just blurt out bottom of the barrel equipment because you saw the word budget. Quit getting butt hurt when people call you out for always recommending gutter shit and constantly giving bad advice. You are a detriment to this forum, you contribute nothing but wasted bandwidth. Not that you know what that means....
i give my opinion and believe it or not most peeps don't want to spend $400 on a sub so many of them like my recs.. it's a-holes like u is why i get like 10 pm's a day from people that don't want to be insulted for not buying what U think is good.. it's members like u that spend more time insulting others recs that should be banned..

i give my opinion and believe it or not most peeps don't want to spend $400 on a sub so many of them like my recs.. it's a-holes like u is why i get like 10 pm's a day from people that don't want to be insulted for not buying what U think is good.. it's members like u that spend more time insulting others recs that should be banned..

all

is there even 10 people a day on this site?
most people don't reply unless it's about a piece of equipment that they like or something new.. the old members are sick of answering same questions every week. so i do and get insulted for it..

most people don't reply unless it's about a piece of equipment that they like or something new.. the old members are sick of answering same questions every week. so i do and get insulted for it..
You dont even bother to ask about and understand peoples listening needs. You just blurt out the cheap crap you run and talk it up like its the best thing out there. You are extremely self centered and every thread you post in ends up being about your poverty budget equipment. Experienced members on here constantly chastise you for doing so but you are too ignorant to understand it. You get bullied because you constantly butt in to discussions way out of your experience level. You'll stop getting bullied when you know your place and quit making everything about your basic bitch setup.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.