How many 4's make a 0?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ThxOne
Premium Member

The Boss
I am now planning my next system build and it's going to be 3 amplifiers. Each of these amplifiers accepts 4 awg power and ground. I plan to use a 1 in 3 out distribution blocks for both the power and ground cables. I will be using 0 awg power in to the block. How many 4 awg cables will equal that 0 awg cable? Will 3 - 4 awg cables be ok?

I am now planning my next system build and it's going to be 3 amplifiers. Each of these amplifiers accepts 4 awg power and ground. I plan to use a 1 in 3 out distribution blocks for both the power and ground cables. I will be using 0 awg power in to the block. How many 4 awg cables will equal that 0 awg cable? Will 3 - 4 awg cables be ok?
I have an extra Knukonceptz 0 awg to 4 awg distro block brand new if you’re interested. Willing to sell it for cheap. I have no use for it.

http://www.knukonceptz.com/mobile-audio/distribution-fuse-blocks/sp/konfused-2-way-power-and-ground-distribution-block/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an extra Knukonceptz 0 awg to 4 awg distro block brand new if you’re interested. Willing to sell it for cheap. I have no use for it.
KonFUSED 2 Way Power and Ground Distribution Block - Merchandise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM Me please

It's not about how many are equal. In most cases 2 4awg cables can carry the same amperage as 1 1/0awg cable

This is a blurred line with oversized audio wire but similar none the less.

At any rate 1/0 is typically fused 300-350amps for 20ft if your 3 or 4 or however many 4awg wires combine to a larger amperage draw than that you need bigger wire.

In my case I have 1 1/0 feeding 4 4awg but 2 are fused at 80amps, 1 at 50, and 1 at 30amps. Total I'm fused for 240amps which is below my 300amp main fuse. I still have room to up my 30amp fuse to 90amp if I need more juice for my relay board

2PGWexC.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.