Dayton Audio Box Build

Enclosure measuring 36x15x15 for a pair of Dayton 10s..

Woofers firing forward and ports to the rear..

Any paint recommendations? Ports are already black.

Still waiting on the backordered woofers from PartsExpress..

It’s been awhile.

4eb102957c75ba91cd79cf04663e2e35.png

aa389273f1fce65bbf0abfbe1a27a850.png

d311a62b916aec09008d34472c758b76.png

99770be5da6ed02681d5de4f86ccaac0.png

63c20546a6994817b95f85256a62cea2.png

a97353bde29d459054ed7f82a35b6c93.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What vehicle is this going in? This just doesn’t make sense to me. I can’t see this going well. I really hope it works out for you tho. Otherwise you might have to get another box made.

What vehicle is this going in? This just doesn’t make sense to me. I can’t see this going well. I really hope it works out for you tho. Otherwise you might have to get another box made.
4door sedan.. Firing from the trunk through a ski hole opening..

Box Design by Peter Kulicki @ AD Designs aka Hexibase.

The box looks good man. If that is a Hexibase design, then I imagine he had his reasons/calculations for doing the port direction like that and it's going to sound good. Can't wait to see some vids.

The box looks good man. If that is a Hexibase design, then I imagine he had his reasons/calculations for doing the port direction like that and it's going to sound good. Can't wait to see some vids.
I hope it sounds great too.. Building boxes is pricey, super dusty and time consuming..

Priming the enclosure now.. Slapping two coats of Matte Royal blue with black ports.. And all black Dayton’s to match..

Peter Kulicki usually does good designs so I'm sure it will work. But traditionally I wouldnt ever put port and sub opposite. Unless It was like in a crx hatchback in which the cabin is so small cancellation doesn't have time to happen

4door sedan.. Firing from the trunk through a ski hole opening..
Box Design by Peter Kulicki @ AD Designs aka Hexibase.

A friend I know swears by PWK designs. I heard a folded horn enclosure that PWK designed. It was for a 12" Morel Ultimo Titanium. He tells me PWK has his own software that he made to calculate cabin gain and such. The response was pretty decent but I wasn't impressed with the output. Maybe it was the sub I'm not sure. I kinda feel it's a rip off for $50 but if it's for a complicated design then I could understand. There's alot of mixed feelings about this guy but IDK.. Was there a long wait time? I heard it was like a month or 2 wait for one of his designs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.