Soundstream

Participant count
  • Participant list

youdoofus

Skibidi
now, before anyone flames on me too bad, these things were waaaaaaay beyond what i was willing to put towards an amp, esp at the time, but... Human Reign amps. Was that after the fall of SS or were they more than just a "book of the dead" lookalike?

my avatar needs to know!!

I'm a little lacking on the whole SS/Human Reign history but, I think I read at some point that there were in fact 4 different versions. I may be wrong on that. And as far as the sculpted face on the chassis, it always made my think of something Michelangelo might create rather than the Necronomicon.

But, an amp designed around the 'book of the dead' would probably sell well to the same people who buy SS amps with dime store spiders all over them.

It's just a reference amp cover by that so called overpriced Human Reighn amp. Seen them go for 3500 on local CL and some on Ebay. Just a marketing thing really. Not worth the $$. That face reminds me of what happened to Han Solo in the Star Wars movie when they "froze him" in the form of a statue.

I'm a little lacking on the whole SS/Human Reign history but, I think I read at some point that there were in fact 4 different versions. I may be wrong on that. And as far as the sculpted face on the chassis, it always made my think of something Michelangelo might create rather than the Necronomicon. But, an amp designed around the 'book of the dead' would probably sell well to the same people who buy SS amps with dime store spiders all over them.
well, the amp came out not too long after army of darkness, so thats what made my mind associate the "artistic" cover of that amp with necorinomicon ex mortus LoL
plus, its just funnier than a Michelangelo reference

It's just a reference amp cover by that so called overpriced Human Reighn amp. Seen them go for 3500 on local CL and some on Ebay. Just a marketing thing really. Not worth the $$. That face reminds me of what happened to Han Solo in the Star Wars movie when they "froze him" in the form of a statue.
the han solo thing i totally get too!!

the quality of the guts below the goofy outer design is what i was curious about. So its just a decent amp underneath is what youre saying?

Also those monsterous davinci amps... whats the deal on those? werent they like $2500 new back in the day?

ill have to check that link out when i get home as ebay is blocked here at work. im sure the number is astronomical LOL

well, the amp came out not too long after army of darkness, so thats what made my mind associate the "artistic" cover of that amp with necorinomicon ex mortus LoL
plus, its just funnier than a Michelangelo reference

the han solo thing i totally get too!!

the quality of the guts below the goofy outer design is what i was curious about. So its just a decent amp underneath is what youre saying?

Also those monsterous davinci amps... whats the deal on those? werent they like $2500 new back in the day?

ill have to check that link out when i get home as ebay is blocked here at work. im sure the number is astronomical LOL
Yup...nothing more or some "special" amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.