Kicker ZR600

Participant count
  • Participants list
I'm being given an old Kicker ZR600. It was my buddies back in high school and he hasn't used it in like 15yrs at least. It's on a sealed box with 2 JL 15" subs. Not sure what model the 15's are. Apparently the suns are dry rotted and the surround is gone. What does this amp really make? I know it's supposed to do 2 x 300 but I read that they are underrated. Thanks.

It’s at the very least doing rated or better but I wouldn’t say much more then 100 watts over rated. The zr amps were great amps along with the impulse amps of that era.

Most of the birth sheets on these were around 900w. They actually are rated higher at 4 and 2.66 than at 2. The idea was to run 3 of the single 8ohm Solorbarics on them.

They are class AB and will pull a ton of current...horribly inefficient, huge footprint and wonderful sound...great example of 90s car audio. If you do not have some type of upgraded electrical it will wreak some havoc, especially at 2.66 or 2.

Most of the birth sheets on these were around 900w. They actually are rated higher at 4 and 2.66 than at 2. The idea was to run 3 of the single 8ohm Solorbarics on them.
They are class AB and will pull a ton of current...horribly inefficient, huge footprint and wonderful sound...great example of 90s car audio. If you do not have some type of upgraded electrical it will wreak some havoc, especially at 2.66 or 2.
So this is putting out 900 watts at 4ohms and 2.66ohms?

Great old school amp.Its actually a dammned beast for what it is. Its 2 ohm mono stable and will beat the hell out of a pair of 600 rms subs all day long.I still have a pair of ZR 240s and ran one at 2 ohms on a 1ksub for about 4 months till my neighbor got a more effecient amp.The Kicker Impulse amps were clearly JUNK.I wouldnt even run one on a pair of tweets.Yet the majority of the Older Kicker amps were very reliable and workhorses,actually still are to be honest.Impulse series were just Junk. You have the big 3 done and two good batteries and that amp will be pretty brute.Great amp!

Great old school amp.Its actually a dammned beast for what it is. Its 2 ohm mono stable and will beat the hell out of a pair of 600 rms subs all day long.I still have a pair of ZR 240s and ran one at 2 ohms on a 1ksub for about 4 months till my neighbor got a more effecient amp.The Kicker Impulse amps were clearly JUNK.I wouldnt even run one on a pair of tweets.Yet the majority of the Older Kicker amps were very reliable and workhorses,actually still are to be honest.Impulse series were just Junk. You have the big 3 done and two good batteries and that amp will be pretty brute.Great amp!
i hate kicker with all that i am, but i cant disrespect the power these amps made. the ZR1000s were used by tons of folks and made **** tons of power, so i imagine that the ZR600 does the same. Didnt bigdwiz do a dyno test on the ZR1000?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.