Sound system speaker choice help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hello,

I've posted a similar question here before but I figured I'd post a fresh thread seeing as I highly underestimated the complexity of audio systems. I delved deeper into research to find what separates a great sounding sound system from an average one.

I drive a '94 Bronco. I'm currently working on replacing the alternator to a 200A one. And I'm almost halfway done with completely sound-deadening it. I mean almost every square inch will be covered.

So to my understanding, I am trying to get the full range of audio, each frequency spectrum (bass, midbass, midrange and highs). For midrange, I chose to soon pick up a pair of Anarchy 7" woofers and install them in my door. For bass, I'll be adding a 600W RMS sub that hasn't been chosen yet to the back of the vehicle. I'll be adding tweeters to the front of the vehicle to the dashboard in tweeter pods or something similar. And then for midrange, I will be buying 6x8" speakers to replace the stock ones in the back (on each side of the bench seat).

This will be powered by 2 amplifiers and I'll also be replacing the head unit and adding a DSP to eq everything and cut unwanted frequency ranges.

I'm wondering 1st:

- Should I be aiming to capture every frequency range (bass, midbass, midrange, highs)?

- What 6x8" speakers are good for that midrange I'm looking for? and which tweeters would you recommend?

Thanks!

BND

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.