Good 3 ways

cooperwafzig

I got a new titan xd yesturday so now I get to redo the terrible stock stereo in it. I am coming from a Silverado with hertz cento 6.5 coaxial and 12" JL w3 sub in stealth box. I heard some of the focal access 163l.5 today and I thought they sounded great. It was the first time I ever heard 3 ways though. I kept the centos out of my Silverado for the rear speakers. Wondering if Hertz or anyone else makes a good 3 way around same price as the focals. Also would be interested in good set of components that would sound equally good.. I have no experience in component setups and will be having a shop install everything. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I will be amping them. Will probably stick with a jl,kicker, or addison amp. That is what my dealer Carrys
jl is wayyyy over priced don't do that.. and buy amp online man they'll still install it.. 1 of our guys has dyno channel on utube., you maybe suprised at what is a good amp and not so good these days.. some zapcos don't met rated power all pioneers test over rated (so 30% over rated) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCglLe6GVa1SN1IQ6M8LoGMw the pioneer 4 channel actually kinda hard to beat., and cheap af compared to what u looking at..

jl is wayyyy over priced don't do that.. and buy amp online man they'll still install it.. 1 of our guys has dyno channel on utube., you maybe suprised at what is a good amp and not so good these days.. some zapcos don't met rated power all pioneers test over rated (so 30% over rated) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCglLe6GVa1SN1IQ6M8LoGMw the pioneer 4 channel actually kinda hard to beat., and cheap af compared to what u looking at..
Well said.

If I go with 3 ways would I need 6 channels of amp power and a dsp? Or do I have to go a different route?
That's if you want to go fully active with a DSP. You can also go passive with 2 channels if you buy a 3 way component set that comes with crossovers. The DSP route is more expensive and complicated but totally worth it. Going passive with 2 channels is easier to set up and cheaper overall.

If I go with 3 ways would I need 6 channels of amp power and a dsp? Or do I have to go a different route?
If you go 3 ways with a DSP, then yes you'll want 6 channels of power or better yet two 4 channel amps, one bridged to the midbass because midbass needs way more power than the other two then the midrange and tweeter on the other 4 channel. This option, you can forget about going with hertz, focal sets and just buy the drivers individually because in all those sets, you are literally wasting several hundred dollars on a sh*tty passive crossover that you'll be throwing away anyways. Look into audiofrog, scanspeak, sb acoustics, fostex seas prestige etc.. way better drivers for the money...

If you go with a set with a passive crossover you can just buy a big 4 channel amp and bridge it into two channel mode. However you are playing the lottery on if the set will sound good with your vehicle acoustics or not. Each vehicle is different and needs different crossover points, A component set with a passive crossover will most of the times deliver mediocre results vs a fully active network setup properly tuned.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.