I am new and thought I posted this last night. If I did , I apologize for posting it twice LOL. Anyway, I had a Kicker RW10CVT10. Bought it last September, paid 60 dollars for the item. I have an Alpine MRP-M450, this amp is a great Class D amp pushing 400 watts RMS. The CVT sub was 400 watts RMS too. I turned the LP filter on 80, which was recommended by local audio dealer, and kept the gain no higher then around 60% of highest setting. One of the CVT's busted, warranty replaced it, 6 mons later a Voice Coil gets damaged. So twice in 6 mons, had to deal with replacing sub. Now, the company no longer sells that particular sub. So, I upgraded or at least upgraded in price to a Kicker 43CWR104 10 inch. The same in size, watts, etc. Both are dual voice coil. The only difference is CVT is 2 ohm, the CWR is 4 ohm. I will be the first to say that Kicker sounded very good, with a very solid bass sound. The question I want to ask is there a reason both of those CVT ended up tearing up, and is the CWR a better subwoofer. I will post a link to both subwoofers, if any of you have a good reason to why the CVT did this twice let me know.

That amp is 2 ohm stable. The CVT 2 ohm would wire to 1 ohm parallel or 4 ohms in series.

The new woofer being a dual 4 ohm will wire to 2 ohms parallel or 8 ohms in series.

But the amp gain being at "60%" could have been off and causing clipping to kill your last two subs. If you continue to send a clipped signal to the new subwoofer the same will happen. Need to set the gains with an O scope to make sure they are clean.

2016 Focus ST3 - Rockford DSR1 / PPI 900.4 / Silverflute 6.5" mids / Massive CT2 tweeters /Sundown Xv2 15"/ Taramps DSP3k / Stinger Roadkill / KNU wiring / Northstar SMSAGM80 /

2010 Focus coupe 157@46hz

Pioneer 80prs /(8) FU Audio 750 12"s / (4) FSD 2600s / (1) FSD 125.4 / (1) FSD 85.4 / (4) Crescendo UN-10" mids / (4) Crescendo FT1 tweeters / Stinger Roadkill / 2/0 EB flex wire / (5) Powerware 90AH batteries / DC 270XP Alt /

https://www.youtube.com/popwarhomie

too many freq at once, burn the coil, we all know, over 40-50hz, its all coilburning material.

I will be hooking the amp to the 4ohm subwoofer at 2ohm parallel. Can you explain to me what you mean by needing to set the gains with an O scope.

I will be hooking the amp to the 4ohm subwoofer at 2ohm parallel. Can you explain to me what you mean by needing to set the gains with an O scope.

o scope is like a meter that shows clipped signal u have to see if a shop in your area has one.. try a sub beside kicker too, alpine s maybe

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

I will check wiht local shop on that scope. And, yeah I would buy a different subwoofer other than the fact then I am getting this one for free because the other was under warranty. I suppose I could sell this one when I get it and buy another one