$2500 budget on subwoofers

Popwarhomie
5,000+ posts

Team Lethal Pressure
Central FL
If you had a $2500 budget for subwoofers alone what would you do? I can go higher on budget but am trying to stay at $2500.

Im wanting to do a 24 15" setup with cheap $100 and under 15" subwoofers but also thinking about doing 12 18" FU 750s as well. Im having a hard time finding a cheap 15" thats reconeable so i'm leaning towards the 750 18s now.

For power it will most likely be HV taramps so power is not an issue.

Opinions?

I'd probably use low end American Bass stuff, like the DX or XD series or b stock Sundown E's. How important is coil configuration? AB DX series gives you a lot of bang for the buck, pretty sure I've seen the DX15s for $80 or less.

I'd probably use low end American Bass stuff, like the DX or XD series or b stock Sundown E's. How important is coil configuration? AB DX series gives you a lot of bang for the buck, pretty sure I've seen the DX15s for $80 or less.
The AB DX15 is number one on the list right now. I need Dual 4s. Amp is .25 stable. Sundown Es are alittle over budget but still a possibility. I emailed CAB to see how many they had in stock and haven't heard back yet.

My 4 nsv3 18s picked up for $2400

A single DD Z. With all the fancy bits.
But that doesn’t help you at all
I think he's going for something that can rival the kicker cube in demo capabilities. Or at least will holt's jeep. Single DDZ, can maybe break a 160 on a burp in ideal conditions but good luck for demos optimistically can might 155ish on music but that is nothing nowadays. all about 165+ on music.

The AB DX15 is number one on the list right now. I need Dual 4s. Amp is .25 stable. Sundown Es are alittle over budget but still a possibility. I emailed CAB to see how many they had in stock and haven't heard back yet.
how about 100 of those blaupunkts Lmao... Imagine the Baffle cutouts you gotta do.

I think he's going for something that can rival the kicker cube in demo capabilities. Or at least will holt's jeep. Single DDZ, can maybe break a 160 on a burp in ideal conditions but good luck for demos optimistically can might 155ish on music but that is nothing nowadays. all about 165+ on music.

how about 100 of those blaupunkts Lmao... Imagine the Baffle cutouts you gotta do.

I could fit around 36 of those 12s.. or 48 10s..

Only allowing me to get 20. :/

The Boston 15s have either a loose gap or weak motors to begin with or both. I love BA subs but those 15s were just thrown together as a last ditch effort to get sales before BA exited the car audio business.
Ah, I see it now. Yeah, looks the electrical Q (Qes) is high because they didn't motor-up as they added mass. That one's out.

What about the XD15s, $128 on ssa store, $3 break each would get all 20 within the 2500 budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.