Hi and thanks for the membership

The current setup in my 63 Ford Galaxie:

Only the rear RCA wiring is connecting the headunit and the Blaupunkt 4100 GTA amplifier in the trunk

And only the rear speaker connectors on the GTA 4100 are used for my Blaupunkt XL 200 speakers

A pioneer ts-w3003d4 https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Subwoofers/Champion+Series+PRO/TS-W3003D4

is in my garage and a 53-litre slot vented subwoofer box is ordered, so its soon time to use this stuff

My plan is to use two Y-connectors to connect the two rear rca cables that go to the amplifier so the complete amlifier will act as rear speakers when fading

Will this work with this wiring:[ATTACH]26557698[/ATTACH]

The way this is done is that the subwoofer which have 4 rca connectors (2/8 ohm) uses the 4 front rca connectors on the amplifier. My knowledge about those ohm relations isnt strong, so i wondered if that setup will work?

Or will it only works with this wiring: [ATTACH]26557697[/ATTACH]

The last alternative will make it necessary to buy a 2-channel amplifier for the new subwoofer because the subwoofer isnt included in that setup

Edited by 1976kjell

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new FREE account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bs199sg
      I purchased 2 of TS-W3003D4 subwoofers and I was wondering on how one would go about hooking up a wire capable of handling 2000 watts. My car is running at 14.4 volts, which translates to using about 140 amps per sub. The max wire gauge I managed to put inside one of the terminals was 8 gauge. That wire can only handle 73 amps max. Something doesn't work out. In order to make the use of the 140 amps,you would need to run a 4 gauge wire to both subs. How do you attach a 4 gauge wire to these subs!?!?!
    • By bs199sg
      I purchased 2 of TS-W3003D4 subwoofers and I was wondering if my wiring now is sufficient enough, or if I need bigger wire. I have, from the amplifier to the enclosure, 1 run of 8 gauge wire, to each side of the enclosure. The inside of the enclosure is what I'm concerned with. I have 14 gauge wire going 2 feet to one of the subs, and then jumping the positive and negative to the other voice coil. [] (My subs have 2 voice coils each.) The max wire gauge I managed to put inside one of the terminals was 8 gauge.

**If any of that was confusing, I have linked a picture to what I'm trying, and possibly failing to explain.

http://i.imgur.com/zBLCfyY.png
    • By xwzwx
      Hey, so i'm trying to upgrade my car audio and have few questions.

Components i have:
      Amplifier Toxic TX1000 - http://www2.produktinfo.conrad.com/datenblaetter/375000-399999/379195-an-01-en-Car_Power_Package_CPP_1000.pdf
      Subwoofer Mac Audio MP 225 BP custom box - Mac Audio MP 225 BP Car Audio Speakers specs, reviews and prices
      Speakers Pioneer TS-G1331I - TS-G1331I | Pioneer

First of all, is it possible to connect both speakers and woofers to the same amp, if yes then i'd like some wiring scheme(paint will do or smth).
      If not, then i'd like to know the best way to connect only woofers to amp.

Looking forward for answers, Thanks.