Focal ES 165KX2 , Focal PS 165FX, Hertz MLK 1650.3 off a JL Audio XD 400/4

Participant count
  • Participants list

johnnymac232

Those are my 3 choices of components I’m looking at to replace my Kenwood Excelon 7” components with. They sound good until at high volume they distort too much. I’m looking for something that will have a good soundstage and play clear with windows down at high volume. It’s not possible for me to hear all three on same board. With my existing amp I’m not sure if which of the 3 would work best like bi amp the focals or bridge the 4 ohm sets? I like the idea of running a channel to each tweeter and woofer but not sure if 100w will drive them at high levels. I believe bi amping will keep distortion down but I’m a newbie. I’m going to be running 2 Jl Audio 8w3’s off a JL 600/1 . This is for a Tacoma Dbl cab . Any suggestions would be much appreciated on getting the best SQ please

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.