southport2014

Best budget headunit under 150

What’s the best budget headunit for under 150.

Head Unit Alpine IDA-X305S

Front Stage Sundown SA-65CS V.2

Amplifiers Sundown SAX-100.4 V.2/Sundown SCV-2000D

Subwoofers Sundown Audio E8 V5 DVC 2 Ohm 

RCA's Stinger 8000 Series

Sound Deadening Stinger Roadkill

Alternator Wrangler 200 Amp

Optima Red Top Group 35

Power/Ground Stinger 0 Awg

Enclosure Ported 30 Hertz

yeah they right about pioneer but staying closer to the $150 u can find the sony mex100 (i think it is) it actual does 40rms x 4 has small separate amp i believe.. my kenwood x301 can be found $119 or so has time alignment, hp and lp xovers, 13 band eq, 24 bit da converter and 4v preamps, bt, usb it's real good for the $.. get the sony if u can find it on sale, found one on ebay for $168, look around..

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

this

image.png

uhhhhh, no? there are tons of decks nowadays for about half of what youre suggesting with time alignment, good eq's, 3 sets of preouts, usb support, etc etc etc.

is the 80PRS great? yes. is it necessary? no

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

What’s the best budget headunit for under 150.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_138557_JVC-KD-X350BTS.html

Or Pioneer FH-S701BS if you want a double din. All active network capable, 4 volt pre outs, 24 bit dacs, 13 band EQs, time alignment etc...

Personal experience with the jvc 340bts, not that far off from my 80 prs sound quality wise after tuning. The JVC actually has Q factor in the EQ which actually puts it above the pioneer alternative for tuning capability. The JVC has a more relaxed/mellow/warm kind of sound while the pioneer will have a much brighter sound from the start with no tuning so its your preference there, head units do have their own sound signatures.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

https://express.google.com/u/0/product/9882503834946490370_0_8175035?utm_source=google_shopping&utm_medium=tu_cu&utm_content=eid-lsjeuxoeqt,4181971&utm_campaign=8175035

Extra25 code makes this $64!

Has time alignment, 13 band EQ, active network, 4v Preouts x 3. ARC app capable.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_138557_JVC-KD-X350BTS.html

Or Pioneer FH-S701BS if you want a double din. All active network capable, 4 volt pre outs, 24 bit dacs, 13 band EQs, time alignment etc...

Personal experience with the jvc 340bts, not that far off from my 80 prs sound quality wise after tuning. The JVC actually has Q factor in the EQ which actually puts it above the pioneer alternative for tuning capability. The JVC has a more relaxed/mellow/warm kind of sound while the pioneer will have a much brighter sound from the start with no tuning so its your preference there, head units do have their own sound signatures.

hey buddy the link did now work can you send me the model number for the jvc

hey buddy the link did now work can you send me the model number for the jvc

350bts or 340bts literally the same thing.

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS......Mids/Highs two pioneer gm 8604 bridged, one at 4 ohms bridged one at 2 ohms bridged, one ppi 600.2 for tweets.

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

350bts or 340bts literally the same thing.

Just ordered the Jvc x350s and I also ordered those silverflutes and tweeters. Any good budget 4 channel you have in mind ? Also how much power can those tweeters and silverflute 6.5 handle

Just ordered the Jvc x350s and I also ordered those silverflutes and tweeters. Any good budget 4 channel you have in mind ? Also how much power can those tweeters and silverflute 6.5 handle

Pioneer gm 8604 . I Said this like 3 times already. Unlimited power. Ive seen ppl throw 250 at the flutes and 100 at those vifas

Pioneer gm 8604 . I Said this like 3 times already. Unlimited power. Ive seen ppl throw 250 at the flutes and 100 at those vifas

completely off topic, but youre running 30,000 watts to your subs?

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

completely off topic, but youre running 30,000 watts to your subs?

would not shock me at all lol

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

would not shock me at all lol

ikr? his sig says 2 taramps 15k's. When i was a sound guy for live bands, the biggest rig i ran was right at 30k watts, but that was on 220v and SEVERAL crown and QSC amps to EV hi-pacs(six sets of dual 15"s and 2" compression horns) and 6 dual 18 compression wedge sub boxes. Ran that rig for about 5 years. Crazy to think that a person has that much power running just the subs in a Sienna :)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

ikr? his sig says 2 taramps 15k's. When i was a sound guy for live bands, the biggest rig i ran was right at 30k watts, but that was on 220v and SEVERAL crown and QSC amps to EV hi-pacs(six sets of dual 15"s and 2" compression horns) and 6 dual 18 compression wedge sub boxes. Ran that rig for about 5 years. Crazy to think that a person has that much power running just the subs in a Sienna :)

jeff probably got nuclear power plant under his hood., i mean 6 31 agms come on..

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

those have much more powerful power supplies along with a direct wall AC connection for unlimited power. My van's current capabilities is around 6k watts ish. I literally only have half the electrical needed to run my gear properly. my AGMs are dying, low resting voltage, one is already dead and out etc... Overall electrical needs a serious complete overhaul. Not to mention there's zero engine space for any more alts. So literally i never even got close to the full potential of this setup due to electrical. Sadly i'm not spending any money on anything car audio related in awhile other than that dayton dsp.

those have much more powerful power supplies along with a direct wall AC connection for unlimited power. My van's current capabilities is around 6k watts ish. I literally only have half the electrical needed to run my gear properly. my AGMs are dying, low resting voltage, one is already dead and out etc... Overall electrical needs a serious complete overhaul. Not to mention there's zero engine space for any more alts. So literally i never even got close to the full potential of this setup due to electrical. Sadly i'm not spending any money on anything car audio related in awhile other than that dayton dsp.

gotcha. and yes, those crowns and QSC's were right at clipping for the last third of all the shows on those EV cabs. Theyd seriously pump

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now