Which speakers would be the best choice

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ive narrowed done my search to 3 different sets of speakers and I'm trying to figure out which ones would sound best in my 2010 Ford Expedition EL...I will have an amp powering these speakers.

JBL GTO8629

JBL GTO609C

Infinity Kappa 682.11cf

Infinity Kappa 60.11cs

Polk Audio DB571

Polk Audio DB6501

I have the Polk db 6500, previous version to 6501, and if it’s similar, (I think it is) than rule it out for any serious sound quality. It’s a good budget component set with good mid bass on 100 watts rms, but not for a true sound quality setup. For example, I swapped the Polk mid woofers for the Dayton Audio ND140-4 mid woofers I had and they sound like they have a wet towel over them by comparison and no amount of tuning with my DSP can help it. I’m using, or have used Focal, Dayton Audio, and SB Acoustics, and many others as reference.

Pre fabricated component speakers are tough because they are usually made of poor quality drivers, especially the tweeters for the money. Look at AudioFrogs GS line of speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.