Looking for TC Sounds top assemblies and QCA parts

Participant count
  • Participants list

ciaonzo
5,000+ posts

TheContinental
WI
Looking for perfectly operational, original TC Sounds top assemblies in excellent condition, as well as any 3" or 4" QCA parts that may be floating around out there. TC9, 3HP, 4HP, whatever. Not really interested in tops with problems unless you're willing to price them as parts. Please let me know what you have, thank you!

Had it been anyone else asking, we would have recommended they hit YOU up.
Right? lol
I figure it's worth a shot, gotta be a few more out there. Would really like to have a 5200 top with a titanium cone.

Right? lol
I figure it's worth a shot, gotta be a few more out there. Would really like to have a 5200 top with a titanium cone.
Not sure if Robot Underground still has any new old stock TC stuff. I know Andre in The Bronx has some old black Audiopulse cones and a few other TC odds and ends. I imagine most of that stuff is long gone though, it's been better than 10 years since the first TC bankruptcy when all that stuff got snatched up.

That all said, you need to quit hoarding and start putting some power to the stuff you already have.

[quote name='hispls']Not sure if Robot Underground still has any new old stock TC stuff. I know Andre in The Bronx has some old black Audiopulse cones and a few other TC odds and ends. I imagine most of that stuff is long gone though, it's been better than 10 years since the first TC bankruptcy when all that stuff got snatched up.

That all said, you need to quit hoarding and start putting some power to the stuff you already have.[/QUOTE]
@hispls you just said a mouth full. @ciaonzo, do you need an intervention? I could help you store some of that stuff, wouldn't even charge you anything, might have to run a sub or two though...lol. But seriously.......

Not sure if Robot Underground still has any new old stock TC stuff. I know Andre in The Bronx has some old black Audiopulse cones and a few other TC odds and ends. I imagine most of that stuff is long gone though, it's been better than 10 years since the first TC bankruptcy when all that stuff got snatched up.
That all said, you need to quit hoarding and start putting some power to the stuff you already have.
Jesus has it really been that long? ****....

[quote name='hispls']Not sure if Robot Underground still has any new old stock TC stuff. I know Andre in The Bronx has some old black Audiopulse cones and a few other TC odds and ends. I imagine most of that stuff is long gone though, it's been better than 10 years since the first TC bankruptcy when all that stuff got snatched up.

That all said, you need to quit hoarding and start putting some power to the stuff you already have.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='macsdad']@hispls you just said a mouth full. @ciaonzo, do you need an intervention? I could help you store some of that stuff, wouldn't even charge you anything, might have to run a sub or two though...lol. But seriously.......[/QUOTE]

I do use the stuff, lol. Just can't use it all at once.

The way I look at it, I need a driver for every application and applications change over the yeras. I don't think TC will be back and I have a few spares to get me through the remainder of my days, lol.

I do use the stuff, lol. Just can't use it all at once.
The way I look at it, I need a driver for every application and applications change over the yeras. I don't think TC will be back and I have a few spares to get me through the remainder of my days, lol.
Still waiting to see a proper 5K build from you. Really worst case scenario somebody could just order parts. Soft spiders are a dime a dozen and they're not terribly important. Precision Econowind can do I believe 24 piece order (though better price breaks come in the hundreds), and you can buy aluminum cones and surrounds from China for relatively short money but minimum quantity may be very large. Of course I suspect if you could match the mass and get a good high roll surround with soft compliance the actual material isn't even important. TC used some paper, some metal, and those smexy looking beehive NOMEX cones. Really just get some spec coils made and you should be able to rebuild any of those motors within 10% give or take of the OEM TS parameters. Those frames are very common now and if you needed the QCA rings any machine shop (or Corey) could work those up for you.

Still waiting to see a proper 5K build from you. Really worst case scenario somebody could just order parts. Soft spiders are a dime a dozen and they're not terribly important. Precision Econowind can do I believe 24 piece order (though better price breaks come in the hundreds), and you can buy aluminum cones and surrounds from China for relatively short money but minimum quantity may be very large. Of course I suspect if you could match the mass and get a good high roll surround with soft compliance the actual material isn't even important. TC used some paper, some metal, and those smexy looking beehive NOMEX cones. Really just get some spec coils made and you should be able to rebuild any of those motors within 10% give or take of the OEM TS parameters. Those frames are very common now and if you needed the QCA rings any machine shop (or Corey) could work those up for you.
I will come close to that in some regard, for sure. But it will still be a gut wrenching loud-to-the-ear setup, nothing for the meter and nothing truly loud by any measure. Nothing that someone else with a 4HP and 3k hasn't already done before me. I really need to take in a few events this year and get inspired by some of you SPL vets, it's been a few years since I've been to any. I've just been focusing on improving my real life and that's been going very well but I'm getting the itch. I'm thinking next year will be the year.
You know what spider is really illusive? The 2" x 8" variety. I need some of these for some 2" coil builds that I want to do. 2" x 10" would be even better. I'm at the point that I might stitch together different spiders to make them, lol.

I took a QCA set (male/female) to machinists some years back and we agreed on a price for half dozen or so. He was fired and I never saw him or my QCA rings again so that was a bummer. May have to try and do it again.

I've got a decent stash of parts otherwise, I got very lucky with some original TC spiders of the soft variety. Plenty of TC baskets and decent cones in all sizes except 18". Even have a handful of LMS coils.

If you ever get some male/female qca parts 3” or 4” or both.. I want.. I need.. so get some extras lol and I’ll pay whatever. If you are needing any 15” ti baskets or oem tc spiders for lms ultra 15’s I may have some to spare

If you ever get some male/female qca parts 3” or 4” or both.. I want.. I need.. so get some extras lol and I’ll pay whatever. If you are needing any 15” ti baskets or oem tc spiders for lms ultra 15’s I may have some to spare
Will do, man. I know there are a couple more guys who would likely buy a couple so extras would be a no-brainer.

I will come close to that in some regard, for sure. But it will still be a gut wrenching loud-to-the-ear setup, nothing for the meter and nothing truly loud by any measure. Nothing that someone else with a 4HP and 3k hasn't already done before me. I really need to take in a few events this year and get inspired by some of you SPL vets, it's been a few years since I've been to any. I've just been focusing on improving my real life and that's been going very well but I'm getting the itch. I'm thinking next year will be the year.
You know what spider is really illusive? The 2" x 8" variety. I need some of these for some 2" coil builds that I want to do. 2" x 10" would be even better. I'm at the point that I might stitch together different spiders to make them, lol.

I took a QCA set (male/female) to machinists some years back and we agreed on a price for half dozen or so. He was fired and I never saw him or my QCA rings again so that was a bummer. May have to try and do it again.

I've got a decent stash of parts otherwise, I got very lucky with some original TC spiders of the soft variety. Plenty of TC baskets and decent cones in all sizes except 18". Even have a handful of LMS coils.
Have you tried Springfield Speaker? They have a lot of stuff not on their website so if you call they might just have some of those oddball spiders. You might make a case that the OEM mirror image spiders with the exact stiffness will give you exact specs but IMO the tinsels were the weak link and really anything as soft should do. I think mirror image vs progressive is really going to be splitting hairs. Motor and coil is like 90% of performance when you start getting into the big motors.

Corey Dean can probably machine some QCA parts and he is reliable.

Have you tried Springfield Speaker? They have a lot of stuff not on their website so if you call they might just have some of those oddball spiders. You might make a case that the OEM mirror image spiders with the exact stiffness will give you exact specs but IMO the tinsels were the weak link and really anything as soft should do. I think mirror image vs progressive is really going to be splitting hairs. Motor and coil is like 90% of performance when you start getting into the big motors.
Corey Dean can probably machine some QCA parts and he is reliable.
No doubt, motor and coil combo is the dominant factor. Especially with that big stuff, as you've said. As long as I can get a soft to medium stiffness for these 2" motors I would be happy. I've dealt with Springfield before but I've never called them before and I didn't realize they had a secret stash, lol. I may just have to do that and see if they have anything that's not visible in their site, appreciate the tip.
I haven't seen Corey posting, is he still on here?

No doubt, motor and coil combo is the dominant factor. Especially with that big stuff, as you've said. As long as I can get a soft to medium stiffness for these 2" motors I would be happy. I've dealt with Springfield before but I've never called them before and I didn't realize they had a secret stash, lol. I may just have to do that and see if they have anything that's not visible in their site, appreciate the tip.
I haven't seen Corey posting, is he still on here?
I always call online companies to order, and yes they told me on the phone they have all kinds of parts that aren't on the site so well worth calling or even just dropping them an email.

Corey I think operates through faceberg these days but I'm pretty sure he is still in the business.

I always call online companies to order, and yes they told me on the phone they have all kinds of parts that aren't on the site so well worth calling or even just dropping them an email.
Corey I think operates through faceberg these days but I'm pretty sure he is still in the business.
Thanks man, always appreciet your input.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.