Adire Audio is back!

pw91686
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Mobile, AL
Not sure if anyone else was aware, but I knew Adire Audio was supposed to come back this year. And their website is officialy back up and running as of today. May have to get a brahma or shiva. Just thought this was pretty cool.

I currently have an adire audio koda 10, ****** little SQ driver that requires very little power.

Awesome Hopefully they still have the quality
Supposedly the new owners Anthony and Brandon have been working with Dan Wiggins to ensure that the new drivers are on par with the old ones.

Maybe they will show up on here and DIYMA to discuss their products.

I think they're priced too high. Great quality but 450 for a 3 inch coil 10 or 12 is a tough sell for me. There's just so much competition in the 1200 rms range

I agree, but xbl drivers sound so good. Nick with stereo integrity uses them on a few of their drivers, and their new 6.5 midbass look quite nice.

I’d like to utilize the shiva but 2 cu ft sealed is too large for my sports car. Think I’m going to use one of my stereo integrity bm mkiv.

I think they're priced too high. Great quality but 450 for a 3 inch coil 10 or 12 is a tough sell for me. There's just so much competition in the 1200 rms range
I agree, those prices are too high considering the run-of-the-mill parts being used, XBL or not.
Bring back the Tumult and use quality parts, I might be interested in that.

what is that logo on the brahma supposed to be? it looks like a rorschack test to me
lol agreed. I've been staring at this dust cap for 5 minutes and cannot tell what it is

idk, the brahma was a bad@$$ sub back in the day but I am not impressed. $400+ for what their touting doesn't seem very enticing at that price point. I guess it's easy to speculate when I haven't heard it. I will definitely be interested to see how it performs once it goes into production.

Does anyone think the price is worth it? I have always heard how awesome these were but for the prices there is so many options open.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

theyre a little bit more $ wise, but i dont think you can go wrong. lots of love for Adire over the years

If your only criteria for a woofer is something that won't burn up when you throw 1200W at it than this obviously isn't for you. But for the sake of argument, I'll bite, what would you say compares to the Brahma?

I agree, those prices are too high considering the run-of-the-mill parts being used, XBL or not.
Bring back the Tumult and use quality parts, I might be interested in that.
They claim made in USA. If this is true those prices seem fair. This isn't just calling China and asking them to slap something that looks impressive together.... Papermaker can do that, as can every other "brand" that people here get excited over and I'm sure there'll be a new "brand' selling that same off the shelf Chinese fare under another brand name within the next month with a 10% over cost pre-sale price next month for those that enjoys that sort of thing.

IMO the Parts Express gen TC sounds failed because they tried to cut costs with China manufacturing and people quickly discovered they were NOTHING like the originals. Lastly, talent like Wiggins doesn't come cheap nor do drivers of that tier made in the USA. People like him and Thilo are the ones that will push innovation and everybody should be cheerleading for a company that's got some potential to do something new and useful for the hobby.

Does anyone think the price is worth it? I have always heard how awesome these were but for the prices there is so many options open.
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Yes. There's still some old Adire around this area and the Brahma MK1 is still a great woofer. Assuming they're actually getting first world build and part quality that's a fair price. If it's a Wiggins design being knocked out in China they could drop everything 25% and it would look better but again, look at the flop that was TC Sounds Parts Express line. Frankly I think their intended market isn't bargain hunting for something that'll make their trunk rattle and would actually not buy an inferior quality product at any China-special price point.

All that said we don't even know if these prices are set in stone? Are they MSRP? Will there be sales? Will an authorized dealer be able to work with you? Will there be "team" pricing or other promotions? If they make a re-release of their components I'll be in for a set for sure, their old ones were fantastic and I've been running knockoffs of those mids for ages.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.