Budget speakers

southport2014
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey all just bought a little Pontiac sun fire for a daily and I want to put a decent system in it. I need 6.5 for front and 6x9 for rear deck.

What’s some good budget speakers.

I plan on running a 4 channel amp to them so far too choice is a soundqubed 4-100 any other options for around the same money better ? Also for Speakers I will spend upto 150 for the 6.5 coaxials because I don’t wanna run component. I will spend up to 100 for 6x9 lmk some good choices thanks

First one

image.png

Hey all just bought a little Pontiac sun fire for a daily and I want to put a decent system in it. I need 6.5 for front and 6x9 for rear deck.What’s some good budget speakers.

I plan on running a 4 channel amp to them so far too choice is a soundqubed 4-100 any other options for around the same money better ? Also for Speakers I will spend upto 150 for the 6.5 coaxials because I don’t wanna run component. I will spend up to 100 for 6x9 lmk some good choices thanks
what the budget on the amp? for the speakers these might do ya well

and the 6x9s these dudes

could go with these for the rear to save ya a hundo

i ask about the amp price range because of this guy right here

150 fronts

199 or 99 for the rears

190 for the amp and a simple wiring kit for around 80 for a wiring kit

Hey all just bought a little Pontiac sun fire for a daily and I want to put a decent system in it. I need 6.5 for front and 6x9 for rear deck.What’s some good budget speakers.

pioneer 4 channel is probably better.. just put really cheap coax in rear some of us don't even use them especially if using a sub (i use cheap dual cones) look at parts express for grs i think 6x9 $15 each or so that way you don't have a tweeter behind u.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GRS-69AS-4-6-x-9-Car-Replacement-Speaker-4-Ohm/232347853517?epid=13004501078&hash=item361902e2cd:g:sw4AAOSws5pZJbNO and u can run those off hu and just do a 2 channel amp for fronts or bridge 4 channel to fronts.. 4 chnall like this (check walmart sometimes they have sales) https://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-GM-D8604-4-Channel-Amplifier-Class-FD-Speakers-Subwoofers-1200-Watts/263791929186?epid=22021096324&hash=item3d6b396762:g:3VkAAOSwUDZbOkuk

For cheap

Anything from Harmon. JBL mostly, Polk, Infinity. A lot of bang for your buck there

BUT forget the rears and put all the cash on the front. Get the front right and you will never use rears again

So I can I just delete the rears ?
seriously if you want actual results and not the typical mediocre garbage sh*t, forget about coaxials completely.

Get a 4 channel amp, active capable head unit aka any pioneer or jvc and then buy quality mids and tweeters(not that expensive for good quality since you arent paying for some garbage passive crossover.) Put the rest of the money on door treatments and you'll finally get something that blows any expectations you have out of the water.

Anything rear will just fk up the sound stage and take up precious amplifier power. Leave that sh*t stock on head unit power.

As for tweeters, most tweeters have mounting kits and if you dont have mounting kits, you can make one out of pvc endcaps you find at home depot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.