Hey all just bought a little Pontiac sun fire for a daily and I want to put a decent system in it. I need 6.5 for front and 6x9 for rear deck.

What’s some good budget speakers.

I plan on running a 4 channel amp to them so far too choice is a soundqubed 4-100 any other options for around the same money better ? Also for Speakers I will spend upto 150 for the 6.5 coaxials because I don’t wanna run component. I will spend up to 100 for 6x9 lmk some good choices thanks

Hey all just bought a little Pontiac sun fire for a daily and I want to put a decent system in it. I need 6.5 for front and 6x9 for rear deck.

I plan on running a 4 channel amp to them so far too choice is a soundqubed 4-100 any other options for around the same money better ? Also for Speakers I will spend upto 150 for the 6.5 coaxials because I don’t wanna run component. I will spend up to 100 for 6x9 lmk some good choices thanks

what the budget on the amp? for the speakers these might do ya well

and the 6x9s these dudes

could go with these for the rear to save ya a hundo

i ask about the amp price range because of this guy right here

150 fronts

199 or 99 for the rears

190 for the amp and a simple wiring kit for around 80 for a wiring kit

2002 Honda Accord sedan V6 (automatic slushbox)

2 Rockford p3 12s (dual 2 ohm)

Pioneer AVH-2300NEX

2 PPI PC275's running 1 sub each atm, waiting to put the SQ 2200.1 back in and add the PhoenixGold Elite.4 once my electrical is up to snuff

Front stage:PRV Audio 6MB200 6.5 and Massive Audio CT2 tweeters

Rear speakers: stock

I just added 5 SoundQubed stickers, and despite having no equipment upgrades, it added 76 DB!!!

pioneer 4 channel is probably better.. just put really cheap coax in rear some of us don't even use them especially if using a sub (i use cheap dual cones) look at parts express for grs i think 6x9 $15 each or so that way you don't have a tweeter behind u.. https://www.ebay.com/itm/GRS-69AS-4-6-x-9-Car-Replacement-Speaker-4-Ohm/232347853517?epid=13004501078&hash=item361902e2cd:g:sw4AAOSws5pZJbNO and u can run those off hu and just do a 2 channel amp for fronts or bridge 4 channel to fronts.. 4 chnall like this (check walmart sometimes they have sales) https://www.ebay.com/itm/PIONEER-GM-D8604-4-Channel-Amplifier-Class-FD-Speakers-Subwoofers-1200-Watts/263791929186?epid=22021096324&hash=item3d6b396762:g:3VkAAOSwUDZbOkuk

KENWOOD X301 HU, PRECISION POWER Phantom 1000, FU 750 12, 2.1cfad ported, soundqubed 6.5" coax/doors, hp & lp xover on hu, AGM starting batt...

Boomin_tahoe said:
2 ohms rule

eww coaxials.

09 Sienna Subs : Four Team Ascendant 18s......Sub amp: Two Taramps 15k

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210MAXIM6/Morel-Maximo-Coax-6.html?tp=105

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_210MAXIM9/Morel-Maximo-Coax-69.html?tp=105

i would probably get these if i were on a budget.

with the pioneer gm-d8604, good reliable budget amp.

Edited by pw91686

2004 Honda S2000

Pioneer DEH-80-PRS

new build in progress (most likely audison voce av k6, tc sounds tc-1000 8, phoenix gold ti21600.5

I had those morels and I blew them on a kicker 650.4 lol I mean I did over power them but I’m kind of trying to stay away from them

Kenwood eXcelon 6x9 Here

Kenwood eXcelon 6.5" Here

I am running the 6.5's in my rear doors... Just to test them I cranked them up, they rock. I run them very quiet normally (time alignment).

FTW!!!

HU - eXcelon KDC-X998

Components - eXcelon XR-1700P - front

Coaxials - eXcelon KFC-X174 - rear fill

Sub - Single RF Punch P3D4 (@ 2ohms) 10" Labyrinth slot port enclosure

Sub Amp - Punch Prime 1200-D <-- it's a beast.

Full Range Amp - US Acoustics Barbara Ann

150a Alternator - Sky High Cables - Stinger Distribution Blocks - Big 4 upgrade

Kenwood eXcelon 6x9 Here

Kenwood eXcelon 6.5" Here

I am running the 6.5's in my rear doors... Just to test them I cranked them up, they rock. I run them very quiet normally (time alignment).

FTW!!!

I may try those . I wish you were local so I could hear them

For what you are doing, and for the time being,. Id throw these in there on that amp mentioned in your posting, until you decide differently.

Id look at some Polks also. But this seems like a fair deal

https://www.ebay.com/itm/INFINITY-KAPPA-6-5-2-WAY-CAR-AUDIO-SPEAKERS-6-x-9-3-WAY-CAR-SPEAKERS/271741494797?hash=item3f450e260d:g:fsoAAOSwm8VUtweF

2)American Bass VFL Mini Hybrid 4480.1D@1ohm Ea 4)American Bass XFL DVC 4ohm 12s@2.06cu Ft Ea.@32htz CDT 6,5 HD6 Briax.,CDT CL60,CDT 25 tweets,Kicker KS25 tweets Autotek Mean Machine 99@2ohms,Autotek BTX 7204@40hms AlterStarts Alt 255A/Dallas,Tx,2)Orileys Super Start AGM batts(1more coming)Cadence CCA 0ga on Big 6,AudioTechnix 0ga CCA Kicker Kq9 Eq,Eclipse CD3000(lookingfor upgrade)StingerPro Distro,3)XS Scorpian 8in Scroll Fans 1998 3dr Xcab Chevy(under construction,but operational)

For cheap

Anything from Harmon. JBL mostly, Polk, Infinity. A lot of bang for your buck there

BUT forget the rears and put all the cash on the front. Get the front right and you will never use rears again

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

For cheap

Anything from Harmon. JBL mostly, Polk, Infinity. A lot of bang for your buck there

BUT forget the rears and put all the cash on the front. Get the front right and you will never use rears again

So I can I just delete the rears ?

Yes. Music is left and right not rear.

2014 Ford Fusion SE 2.0T

JBL MS-8

Zapco ST-4X SQ, ST-1000XMii

IDQ12v4 1.8cu sealed

Alpine SPX Pro ring radiators

Hertz HV165XL

Knuconceptz OFC, Custom fit Soundrive RCAs.

seriously if you want actual results and not the typical mediocre garbage sh*t, forget about coaxials completely.

Get a 4 channel amp, active capable head unit aka any pioneer or jvc and then buy quality mids and tweeters(not that expensive for good quality since you arent paying for some garbage passive crossover.) Put the rest of the money on door treatments and you'll finally get something that blows any expectations you have out of the water.

Anything rear will just fk up the sound stage and take up precious amplifier power. Leave that sh*t stock on head unit power.

As for tweeters, most tweeters have mounting kits and if you dont have mounting kits, you can make one out of pvc endcaps you find at home depot.

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS................................Mids/Highs amp: CT 500.2, ppi 600.2, ppi 900.4 bridged

Front stage: Two PWX 10s per door midbass only....... PRV 6MR500 midrange....... Massive CT 2 german tweeters.

320 amp Singer alt....... 1 group 34 under the hood 6 group31 agms in the back 560 amp hours total.

seriously if you want actual results and not the typical mediocre garbage sh*t, forget about coaxials completely.

Get a 4 channel amp, active capable head unit aka any pioneer or jvc and then buy quality mids and tweeters(not that expensive for good quality since you arent paying for some garbage passive crossover.) Put the rest of the money on door treatments and you'll finally get something that blows any expectations you have out of the water.

Anything rear will just fk up the sound stage and take up precious amplifier power. Leave that sh*t stock on head unit power.

As for tweeters, most tweeters have mounting kits and if you dont have mounting kits, you can make one out of pvc endcaps you find at home depot.

Can you post a couple good recommendations on a set of 6.5s for me and is the soundqubed amp fine to use and what about a radio.?

Can you post a couple good recommendations on a set of 6.5s for me and is the soundqubed amp fine to use and what about a radio.?

the pioneer gm 8604 does the same power as that chinese soundqubed and is 30 bucks cheaper. Only get the soundqubed if you are tight on space.

any radio that has 3 way network mode, 24 bit dac, 13 band EQ or higher, time alignment, 3 pairs of 4 volt or higher pre-out inputs.

silverflute and tymphany XT25SC90 are a magic budget couple.

the pioneer gm 8604 does the same power as that chinese soundqubed and is 30 bucks cheaper. Only get the soundqubed if you are tight on space.

any radio that has 3 way network mode, 24 bit dac, 13 band EQ or higher, time alignment, 3 pairs of 4 volt or higher pre-out inputs.

Thank you. How would I wire the tweeters to the amp though. I have used a passive crossover before for my moral Maximo component set a few years ago and didn’t really like all the extra wiring . And would these silverflute speakers and tympany tweeters wire direct to the amp ?

Thank you. How would I wire the tweeters to the amp though. I have used a passive crossover before for my moral Maximo component set a few years ago and didn’t really like all the extra wiring . And would these silverflute speakers and tympany tweeters wire direct to the amp ?

+1 ^

I plan on that exact setup in a month or two.

I’ve only ever run component sets with a passive x-over.

straight to the amp. Tweeters on high pass on the amp and mids on fullrange.

All the rest of the crossovers will be done on the head unit. Dont blast it until you set the crossovers right

straight to the amp. Tweeters on high pass on the amp and mids on fullrange.

All the rest of the crossovers will be done on the head unit. Dont blast it until you set the crossovers right

Any tips On setting the crossover on the headunit ? Or any videos ? How much power can those tweeters handle

Also do you know where I can get some mounting brackets for the tweeters ?

Also do you know where I can get some mounting brackets for the tweeters ?

home depot, pvc endcaps here is the whole tutorial

Cheap, adjustable, easily replaceable tweeter pods - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Any tips On setting the crossover on the headunit ? Or any videos ? How much power can those tweeters handle

a lot when you have a crossover on them. start off at 3.15khz at 24 db slope and then adjust crossover points and slopes until it sounds amazing aka when you turn it loud, it doesnt sound like sh*t like what happens with most components.