Oldie but goodie!! Original RE SX 15"

we have a guy that has 2 new model re xxx 12's in 4th order port firing through rear deck on 2400rms in a lexus.. peeps say new ones not as good as old ones but he has peeps trying to get out of the car while he's driving down the road lol..

we have a guy that has 2 new model re xxx 12's in 4th order port firing through rear deck on 2400rms in a lexus.. peeps say new ones not as good as old ones but he has peeps trying to get out of the car while he's driving down the road lol..
The xxx was one of the subs that I was considering prior to getting the SI hst12mkll, but the seller never responded, and Nick answered my email after midnight.

The xxx was one of the subs that I was considering prior to getting the SI hst12mkll, but the seller never responded, and Nick answered my email after midnight.
yeah i looked at the re s e x hard but they $100 more than the fu750 i just didn't see how it was worth more..

The xxx was the reason I joined this forum. Made an account just to buy two '05 18's. Wish I still had them.

yeah i looked at the re s e x hard but they $100 more than the fu750 i just didn't see how it was worth more..
I had the old school se's, and them bad boys hummed dude. My son uses one of them on his home theatre in his bed room, some of the best subs ever.

The xxx was the reason I joined this forum. Made an account just to buy two '05 18's. Wish I still had them.
Kitty liked mine

15373io.jpg

what is he powering it with? a crown or QSC or berhinger or something?
No, it is hooked up to a samsung home theatre receiver, getting about 175 watts at 2 ohms.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

i have 12" SE from like 2006? still use it. subs killer !
DbU1ywlVMAEhoIs.jpg:large
Yes it is.

really? thats it??? how in the h3ll is that home theater receiver running at 2 ohms without blowing up? Home stuff is meant to run at 8
It has been on there for several years, used to run an mb quart pwe 354 at two ohm as well it vibrated the dishes in the kitchen 4 rooms away dude. It has a built in fan that runs most of the time, but it hasn't blown up yet.

It has been on there for several years, used to run an mb quart pwe 354 at two ohm as well it vibrated the dishes in the kitchen 4 rooms away dude. It has a built in fan that runs most of the time, but it hasn't blown up yet.
i have a couple Denon receivers. One is a daily driver for my AV setup and the other is just there to power a some 3 way yamaha speakers for when i really want to get the walls breathing. All my mains are 8 ohm, but my center is 6 (Its a Jamo. weird Europeans and their desired impedance's LoL) But both pair of my mains are B&W and theyre 8 ohm. Id like more power to my Def Tech sub and have been considering using the older (and much heavier) Denon for that purpose. Might blow the driver doing that LOL

Good stuff is 4 ohm
How are you defining "good stuff"? Are you talking on the level of Sunfire, Krell and McIntosh?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.